• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet x serial question

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
Did I hear somewhere that there is something special about the first 5000 of maybe 10000 pieces?

Yes, first 5000 are the "movie release".

Yes, the first 5,000 were released for the X-men movie and were a way to test the market. Oakley was unsure if they wanted to release the Ruby Juilet at first. There was actually a write-in campaign by some fans that eventually swayed Oakley to put them out, and the first run of 5,000 was the result. Naturally, it sold exceedingly well. Part of the reason is because it was originally offered for $300. When the movie can out and when Oakley found out it was costly to make the lenses due to wastage, they upped the price to $400.

So to answer your question, the first 5,000 where released for the X-men movie and was the “first print” of the glasses. Oakley kept producing them because they were so popular.

Read more: Original X-metal Ruby Juliet

Last edited:
the Original release was also described on the box as Juliet Black with Ruby, whether this covers all the first 5000 i dont know I have a pair in the 2000s which the box describes as black and a later one in the 17000s described as x-metal/ruby , both have the x prefix.
Maybe someone knows when the description changed

the Original release was also described on the box as Juliet Black with Ruby, whether this covers all the first 5000 i dont know I have a pair in the 2000s which the box describes as black and a later one in the 17000s described as x-metal/ruby , both have the x prefix.
Maybe someone knows when the description changed
Interesting. Thanks.

Latest Posts

Back