• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet X

Bill 67

Oakley Beginner
I just received a pair of Juliet X that I ordered online and I think that they my be broken as they "wiggle" (have play) in the center on either side of the nose piece. Is this normal? My wife thinks that it is to prevent stress on the O Matter. I'm not so sure. Thanks.

I just received a pair of Juliet X that I ordered online and I think that they my be broken as they "wiggle" (have play) in the center on either side of the nose piece. Is this normal? My wife thinks that it is to prevent stress on the O Matter. I'm not so sure. Thanks.

As usual, youre wife is correct. Except there is no omatter on a juliet. If youre referring to the lenses than thats called plutonium

As usual, youre wife is correct. Except there is no omatter on a juliet. If youre referring to the lenses than thats called plutonium
No not the lenses. If you were to hold the metal frame around the lenses and try and bend it in center it actually has play on the bridge of the nose. Perhaps this is to accommodate people with different thickness of noses or just to make it more comfortable?

No not the lenses. If you were to hold the metal frame around the lenses and try and bend it in center it actually has play on the bridge of the nose. Perhaps this is to accommodate people with different thickness of noses or just to make it more comfortable?

It takes the stress off the lenses

O Matter is the “plastic” on certain Oakley frames. Juliets don’t have plastic. They have lenses, titanium frame and the unobtainium “rubber” on the nose pads and earsocks.

Your wife is correct. The nose bridge is supposed to flex. Plastic frame flex on their own. An all metal titanium frame needs to be built with parts that allow it to flex.

Back