• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Xmetal BI 1st Gen: Value?

From a UK point of view, I have an extremely good condition first gen serial x metal / black iridium ( no box/coin ) and if I was considering a sale, which I am not, I would not let it go for any less than £200 which is just over $300. Personally I do not see the x metal colour half as often as a plasma up for sale. Every 3rd pair I see is a plasma frame, so I would value them over this model every time.

From a UK point of view, I have an extremely good condition first gen serial x metal / black iridium ( no box/coin ) and if I was considering a sale, which I am not, I would not let it go for any less than £200 which is just over $300. Personally I do not see the x metal colour half as often as a plasma up for sale. Every 3rd pair I see is a plasma frame, so I would value them over this model every time.
Interesting. In my limited Xmetal experience - less than a year - I don't see that many 1st Gen Xmetal/BIs. Not rare but definitely not as common as Plasma Blue/Plasma Emerald later gens.And searching on the Exchange didn't turn up that many sales either. Maybe everyone is holding on to them!

Interesting. In my limited Xmetal experience - less than a year - I don't see that many 1st Gen Xmetal/BIs. Not rare but definitely not as common as Plasma Blue/Plasma Emerald later gens.And searching on the Exchange didn't turn up that many sales either. Maybe everyone is holding on to them!
Absolutely! :)

Thanks again everyone. This has been helpful. I have a First gen I'm going to put on the Exchange so this is all good reference.
I have three first gens that I've bought recently and am loving the 'roughness' of the surface. Kind of sculpted feel. I like the later Xmetal smoothness too but nothing compares to knowing it's from the early days.

Thanks again everyone. This has been helpful. I have a First gen I'm going to put on the Exchange so this is all good reference.
I have three first gens that I've bought recently and am loving the 'roughness' of the surface. Kind of sculpted feel. I like the later Xmetal smoothness too but nothing compares to knowing it's from the early days.
I agree, plus the fact they are an absolute classic colour combination for all occasions :)