• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Julietas Y Nada Mas (Juliets And Nothing More)

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
[No, I'm not Hispanic, I just speak it a little. I was surprised to learn from the Jim Jannard thread that he named Romeo and Juliet x-metals after the Romeo y Julieta cigar, not the actual play. Of course, the cigar is named after the play, so the connection is still there indirectly.]

Hello friends.

I wanted to share with you the state of my collection in the couple of months since I've joined the forum. If you're curious about the story that led me to this, please see My Profile page -> Information tab -> About section.

After this summary pic I will make individual posts for each pair. I'm interested in knowing which pair or pairs you like the best, so please tell me either by liking the appropriate post or just posting your comments. Hey, if you think one doesn't work, go ahead and post what you think would work better. Not saying I'd do it but I'm fine with the feedback.

Much thanks to @InfiniteHero and @THE X-MAN for their work that helped me put this together.

20140301_162933.jpg

2nd gen Plasma with Ice Iridium Polarized and LG blue rubbers. It's serial P098687A indicates the original colorway was Fire. Since it had already been modified from the original colorway, I felt it OK to put on the LG rubbers, wouldn't have otherwise. They help differentiate this pair more from the plasma/BIP.

20140301_163740.jpg

20140301_163756.jpg

4th gen X-Metal with Fire Iridium Polarized. This is a custom colorway my wife bought me at the Oaks store and the sole survivor of my original two pair. I'm on my second set of lenses and rubbers (all OEM). They're fresh back from a X-Man tuneup. @nicosauve1 posted a thread that resulted in a pair of X-Metal / + Red with white rubbers:

Do these white gaskets look dumb? | Page 3 | Oakley Forum

I'd like to put white on these, too, think it would "pop" more, but had already ordered my batch of LG rubbers. Maybe later.

20140301_163847.jpg

20140301_163904.jpg

1st gen Ti with VR28. They were sold to me as unserialed plasma but didn't look right. I went to the forum for help and ultimately @BriP nailed them as 1st gen Ti with a faded serial. I was eventually able to make out the serial as T002681. Still tight even though they've never been tuned up.

Since the seller was wrong about the frame finish I have to question if he was wrong about the lenses, too - the serial indicates they originally had Gold lenses, perhaps they still do???

[EDIT - later in this thread it was determined that they are VR50]

20140301_163952.jpg

20140301_164011.jpg

Last edited:
Serialed Polished with + Red Iridium Polarized and LG red rubbers. Serial JP013949 indicates that these, too, originally had Fire lenses and, already changed from the original colorway, I had no issues with putting on LG rubbers. Fresh X-Man tuneup.

20140301_164114.jpg

20140301_164132.jpg

@kronin323 I replaced the lenses on that pair with emerald iridium, and wow it is a keeper. No comparison to the +red they are absolutely SICK now. all white rubber (sans nose bombs) on x-metal with emerald, just wow!!

Yeah get some white rubber on those, make the creamsicle!

Now we get to the less common - no, this isn't TiO2. I got a pair of 4th gen Carbon and 4th gen Plasma and had X-Man swap the orbitals. Not a refinish job, just a parts swap. Apparently people have called something like this CO2. Not technically accurate but it works for me...

Lenses are VR28 BIP and nosebombs and earsocks are OEM rootbeer. On those Carbon earstems you can't really tell the earsocks are rootbeer unless the light catches them just right, but that seemed to fit with VR28 BIP - for the non-wearer it's often hard to tell they're VR28 unless the light catches them just right...

20140301_164714.jpg

20140301_164428.jpg