• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliets On CL

People get way too butthurt over a pair of glasses sometimes. If I find deals like that and I can't get it myself, I'll be posting it up too. I'd rather spread the love than let them go to waste if no one from here has seen them and was able to get them.

I am going to get with boss and propose a new rule regarding links for CL and for EBay. I know we have discussed this a few times. My idea is that if your a hard core diehard collector or buyer in the market to obtain these items then you will search for them either way. I have had several members contact me regarding this. When the link is posted it just peeks someone's interest and they think maybe I could use this, while in the mean time someone is already working a deal on here and just causes crap to occur between members. Who makes out? The seller does because they now jack up the price knowing its in demand on CL. Sure, we all like to see members get the stuff first, but this just goes to show how metal and plastic start issues. Also understand that the deals and steals forum is viewable by non members too. CL is not like an online retail store, vault, or business, thus the seller has to email potential buyers back and forth or potential buyers have to wait for responses , etc. the other issue is when members ask for assistance in a certain area in the US and the assisting member reviews the CL ads in that area and snatches it up. Then the seller lets the buyer know it was sold. There has to be a better approach at how this is looked at.

I knew of an awesome deal that I could not pass up, I knew of the quantity and where to get them. I PM'd a few members letting them know and once they got there fill I let everyone know. Opening up the flood gates on a great deal could result in screwing yourself if you don't get your purchase in your cart first.

Last edited:
To me it is putting out good karma..if see one not interested in Or too far away hopfully go to someone on forum..not ebay. If they a thread sm does have a deal then they should post it.. we would back off..

It a about being a fair and open forum to me.when If you post somthing may be for cl have 3 day rule .from when it's listed till you can post a thread about it ..many people on this forum have benefited from such postings..hardcover buyers most of the time have a lot of them already and are kinda hoarding them when they have more then few of same model,color and lenses.. I check cl every day and online. that's just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Its a double edged sword. I've had a deal screwed up because of this both on cl and eBay. Make them do their work. I've picked all kinds of things up for members in my area. And doesn't matter if they have multiple of the same.

Rather someone here get them then outrageous ebay seller..I know some on here sell on ebay;). only aimed at the ones trying to Robb you blind

Last edited:
I drove 6 hours for five cases. If they seek it, they will look for it.

Nothing in this world is handed to you, the fact that anyone can search and find it, is what I am going to stand by. The only positive result is a member can get what they want without the need to worry another member is going to screw them because he has to have it more. Too much underhanded crap deals go sour and this does not set easy with me or the members I get PM's from. I am speaking strictly about CL and eBay, as those are the biggest issues we have. At least on EBay you can bid against unknown buyers and go to your limit or hit the BIN and drain your wallet. With CL, it needs to be done away with. Online retailers and such should be posted as there is no influence, buy it or don't. No haggling, or beating around the bush because one member is working a deal and its taking a few days for the seller to respond and someone decides to chime in offering more when it would have been an easy deal now everyone knows.

I have to extend a special thanks to @Ecko for pming me an excellent deal, keeping it quiet, and allowing me to contact the seller and score a deal but it was not openly listed here on the forum. Not everyone was bombarding the seller with calls causing him to play auctioneer. He set the price and I paid it.

When I find deals in certain areas, I don't go posting it to the forum so I screw the next guy in line. Karma for who? The person who posts the deal and the guy who gets it? Or the member who go trampled as a result of it.

I get your point, but I don't agree with it..Most that do the search work resell here or on ebay for 3 to 4 times what they payed for it..kinda puts that dirty little secret on blast..

Back