• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliets On CL

before posting for those CL links, I was trying to find ways to get hold of those items..I'm just a newbie here, so the idea of asking members who really don't know me for help, would not even cross my mind..so I gave it away coz I won't be having it, so someone else here can have it..
one more thing, I thought the essence of the SAC deals thread is about making other members aware of good deals out there..
if getting an equal opportunity in this forum is not one of its principle, I guess it was my bad..

This thread is silly. I thought the purpose of this section was:

"Oakley Sales, Oakley Coupon Codes, or just a good deal, share it with the community here."

I can understand people's frustration with the posting of these links, however if you police it to the point where links can no longer be posted... I feel another can of worms is being opened. Just my 2 cents.

This thread is silly. I thought the purpose of this section was:

"Oakley Sales, Oakley Coupon Codes, or just a good deal, share it with the community here."

I can understand people's frustration with the posting of these links, however if you police it to the point where links can no longer be posted... I feel another can of worms is being opened. Just my 2 cents.
Precisely. Either it's all OK to post or none should be. How is a Craigslist link any different from a link to the vault? Vault pairs can sell even faster than Craigslist pairs, so what makes them so different? Because of the models involved? Please. We all want the best deal, period. To prohibit one type of deal link and allow another makes no sense. You want the pair? Be the first to work the deal, plain and simple.

Let's go a step farther. Why don't we just prohibit sales in the exchange section since maybe one member didn't get the pair they wanted because someone else tagged a friend who bought it first. It's all ridiculous. People need to learn to put an inch of separation between themselves and a pair of glasses. Unless of course you value the glasses more than anything else, but that's another problem entirely.

Precisely. Either it's all OK to post or none should be. How is a Craigslist link any different from a link to the vault? Vault pairs can sell even faster than Craigslist pairs, so what makes them so different? Because of the models involved? Please. We all want the best deal, period. To prohibit one type of deal link and allow another makes no sense. You want the pair? Be the first to work the deal, plain and simple.

Let's go a step farther. Why don't we just prohibit sales in the exchange section since maybe one member didn't get the pair they wanted because someone else tagged a friend who bought it first. It's all ridiculous. People need to learn to put an inch of separation between themselves and a pair of glasses. Unless of course you value the glasses more than anything else, but that's another problem entirely.
you took the words right out of my mouth. the only difference i see is that on CL, it is a first come first served type of thing and they are not like ebay where you place bids. if no one knows about a particular CL ad, then the seller thinks that it is not a big deal, but when the seller gets flooded with high offers, then the price goes up and it may not be a deal anymore....
but again, it is just tough luck for those involved. we encourage sharing but limit it if it costs you a deal you were eyeing? sheesh, this forum is getting to be something else entirely, like a dog-eat-dog type of forum, with this mentality.
not to hit on any of the members, but where will this limit end? it is all a hunt.....for the best deals, but man, keep it civil. another deal will always pop up...

I am on the fence on this issue but I see the difference from CL to the Vault to ebay is the Vault has set prices and its first come first served. Ebay is just a all out bidding war. CL is another monster. If your in town and make a deal to meet with someone for a pair at a said price then in that time frame 3 or 4 others that dont even live in that city hit up that seller and offer more money to ship. Most people out there usually want a local sale but they will realize that they might be selling to said local person at a higher price. Its happened to me before after a link was posted. I didnt complain or anything about it but it does kind of suck. I for one dont post links or any deals like that but im not totally against it either. I guess its just me though.

I am on the fence on this issue but I see the difference from CL to the Vault to ebay is the Vault has set prices and its first come first served. Ebay is just a all out bidding war. CL is another monster. If your in town and make a deal to meet with someone for a pair at a said price then in that time frame 3 or 4 others that dont even live in that city hit up that seller and offer more money to ship. Most people out there usually want a local sale but they will realize that they might be selling to said local person at a higher price. Its happened to me before after a link was posted. I didnt complain or anything about it but it does kind of suck. I for one dont post links or any deals like that but im not totally against it either. I guess its just me though.
Here's the thing though, everyone seems to take the opinion that it's members screwing other members but in reality isn't it really members racing to screw an unwary seller?

In the race to get the next insane deal to gloat about (not everyone does this but there are plenty who do) people conveniently forget that they are often trying to give someone far below market value for an item. How is it unfair that the seller gets more money?

That's why I'm all for posting links to items you don't have the means to get. Worst case, somebody who could probably use the money gets a fair value for the item, and somebody else gets the item.

Here's the thing though, everyone seems to take the opinion that it's members screwing other members but in reality isn't it really members racing to screw an unwary seller?

In the race to get the next insane deal to gloat about (not everyone does this but there are plenty who do) people conveniently forget that they are often trying to give someone far below market value for an item. How is it unfair that the seller gets more money?

That's why I'm all for posting links to items you don't have the means to get. Worst case, somebody who could probably use the money gets a fair value for the item, and somebody else gets the item.
right on the money!!!! i totally agree!!! many complain about getting screwed on a CL deal because it was made public, when it is actually the seller who is getting the losing end for not knowing the actual value, yet the buyers are the ones who get pissed if the ad becomes public...funny thing, this oakley addiction.

I'm with you, atrain. There are good points to both sides. When I mentioned that I had it suggested to me not to post CL ads, I certainly wasn't condemning the practice. But once it was pointed out to me that someone had a deal in the works for one of the cases I had linked, I opted to remove the posts on my own. Nobody forced me to. I will no longer post ads, but I'm not necessarily against it either. So it's not just you :wink:

Last edited:
EBay has to take into account the fees. And sometimes fake bidders. My main concern is working a deal that's posted after u start looking and then they up the price or someone who saw it swoops in last sec to get it. Not about screwing a seller but finding that rare painting at goodwill so to speak. When u post it becomes a mad scramble and yea it sucks as I am constantly on ebay, cl or other forums. But as much as I look for myself, I also hook up fellow members privately whom I know are in the area. I could give a rats ass what my post count or ranking are but if I can add to someone's collection great. I hate posting the ads because of all the b.s. bickering. Yes the forum is growing but I hate seeing more arguing and fighting. Peace out Dallas O Hog. Btw this petty crap is making me lose the fun I once had on here

....Yes the forum is growing but I hate seeing more arguing and fighting. Peace out Dallas O Hog. Btw this petty crap is making me lose the fun I once had on here

i feel the same way with regards to all the petty arguments. this used to be a forum with a lot of love (with the occasional scam here and there). now it seems more like a competition for the biggest score to post and show off or the like....not really fun to read or be part of.

Back