• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet's - To Sell or Not To Sell, That Is The Question....

lala

Oakley Beginner
Hey Guys-
So here's the deal I am a reseller who focuses on the high end designer and luxury goods markets. I admittedly really knew nothing of the mystic surrounding the OAKLEY brand nor the utter love so many of you seem to have for the product.
I recently purchased a bulk eyewear lot at auction, 177 pounds to be exact. I do of course authenticate my merchandise prior to selling it. Knowing nothing of Oakley or how to judge its authenticity other the quality of materials used and the look and feel of the finished product. I decided it best to take all 30 some odd pair to the OAKLEY store. They almost fell over each other when the saw the black box which up in till that day had never even been opened.
They are the Juliet's made of X-METAL, with the RUBY IRIDIUM lenses and of course serialized as you boys say... They even have a little round blue sticker with a black H on the left lens (what is that about). They offered me quite a bit at the OAKLEY store for what was in my little black box, but I choose to hold on to them based upon all the excitement I saw from these guys.
My question is do you as a community of enthusiasts forsee the price of these glasses going up over time? And what do you consider a "good" serial number over say a not so good or even a crappy one?
:brunette:
THANX LALA

Last edited:
I could be wrong because my metal knowledge it limited but I didnt thing the hydrophobic sticker was added to production until after they quit putting serial numbers on the frames.

But SKU + size marked Juliets do come with Hydrophobic stickers and that could be misread as a serial number if you don't know what you're looking at. Though with multiple pairs, you'd eventually notice the "serials" were all alike. Lala, what do the numbers look like? Photos would be ideal.

Right. That would be strange. The serial# stopped around 2004 and when I looked at a 2007 catalog they are not yet discussing hydrophobic lenses.

Yep hydrophobic lenses came long after serials stopped. I think the OP would be be able to tell the difference between a serialised pair and a SKU ( which would all be identical) as specially as she is asking what would be a 'good' serial number.

Last edited:
Are we talking about one or 30 pairs of Juliet xmetal/ruby?

Latest Posts

Back