• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Carbon - anyone tried the Ikon Lenses in their Jupiter Carbon?

twr7cx

Oakley Enthusiast
I have a pair of Jupiter Carbons OO9220-01 in black (red inner side of the legs) in need of fresh lenses. Having looked over Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc thread < Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc > I'm keen to try a set of aftermarket replacements, particularly the Ikon Lenses due to their solid reputation. My issue is that they don't have a listing on Jupiter Carbon lenses, only Jupiter Squared < Great deals from Ikon Lenses | eBay stores >.

The thread Jupiter Squared Vs Jupiter Carbon < Jupiter Squared Vs Jupiter Carbon > suggests a hit and miss with the fitment of the genuine Oakley Jupiter Squared lenses into the Jupiter Carbon frames due to a very minor size difference. I'm therefore wondering if anyone has tried the Ikon Lenses brand Jupiter Squared lenses into the Jupiter Carbon frames?

Alternatively, I will look at Fuze Lenses Fuse +Plus range < Fuse Lenses | Replacement Lenses for your favorite sunglasses > which do have a listing for Jupiter Carbon models.

Go with OEM lenses . My experience is Super Squared lenses for Jupiter carbon frames nicely!

Agreed with what Chis said. Jupiter Squared lens will fit. I had a pair of Black Iridium Polarized Jupiter Squared lenses in my Ferrari Jupiter Carbon’s and they fit perfect.

I have a pair of Jupiter Carbons OO9220-01 in black (red inner side of the legs) in need of fresh lenses. Having looked over Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc thread < Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc > I'm keen to try a set of aftermarket replacements, particularly the Ikon Lenses due to their solid reputation. My issue is that they don't have a listing on Jupiter Carbon lenses, only Jupiter Squared < Great deals from Ikon Lenses | eBay stores >.

The thread Jupiter Squared Vs Jupiter Carbon < Jupiter Squared Vs Jupiter Carbon > suggests a hit and miss with the fitment of the genuine Oakley Jupiter Squared lenses into the Jupiter Carbon frames due to a very minor size difference. I'm therefore wondering if anyone has tried the Ikon Lenses brand Jupiter Squared lenses into the Jupiter Carbon frames?

Alternatively, I will look at Fuze Lenses Fuse +Plus range < Fuse Lenses | Replacement Lenses for your favorite sunglasses > which do have a listing for Jupiter Carbon models.

They have great customer service so if you don't like them you can always send them back. Their +Red and 24K lenses are great imho. That said if you can find OEM that is always my first option.

Does anyone know if jupiter squared lenses will fit jupiter factory lite too?

Does anyone know if jupiter squared lenses will fit jupiter factory lite too?
I’m not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly, they are a bit different, and won’t fit into the JFL.

According to this article on the Revant Optics website < The Different Looks of the Oakley Jupiter >, no, they are different.

"The lenses for the Factory Lite’s fit only this frame, they’re not interchangeable within other Jupiter frames."

That said if you can find OEM that is always my first option.

Here in Australia Oakley only have a very limited range of replacement lenses available. They don't have them available for my models. The cost direct from them is not too far away from just purchasing a new pair of Oakley sunglasses instead. I like my current frames, there in good condition and comfortable, so I would prefer to continue to use them for a while longer with a fresh pair of lenses in them.

I’ll echo my brother @NoFair +Red is outstanding and I’m also a huge fan of Ikon’s Deep Blue.

Excellent quality, you will not be disappointed.

A recommended option if OEM isn’t possible.

Here in Australia Oakley only have a very limited range of replacement lenses available. They don't have them available for my models. The cost direct from them is not too far away from just purchasing a new pair of Oakley sunglasses instead. I like my current frames, there in good condition and comfortable, so I would prefer to continue to use them for a while longer with a fresh pair of lenses in them.

Then I'd go for Ikon. They are very good

Latest Posts

Back