• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Carbon Is Now On US Standard Issue.....

xmetalmaniac

Made of Metal
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Florida
Just got the email and they have 4 different ones available.....

Polished Black w/BIP
Matte Black w/BI
Dark Ale w/Tungsten
Matte Black w/Ice Polarized

Thanks for the heads up, i have a former brother in law who will be all over these. as for made in the USA on SI vs retail, i doubt it. while that might make sense think of all the government and law enforcement products made overseas. welcome to globalization

Is the only difference between Jupiter Carbon and Jupiter Factory Lite that the frame on JFL is aluminum? Size/specs everything else the same?

Is the only difference between Jupiter Carbon and Jupiter Factory Lite that the frame on JFL is aluminum? Size/specs everything else the same?

Yes on the frame, but the size of the Carbons is similar to the Jup Squared. I have tried the Factory Lites and they were too tight (narrow). I have the Carbons and they fit great, uses same lenses as Jup squared also.

Thanks! I tried on the Jupiter Carbon in the store and liked them a lot, but they didn't have Factory Lites to try on. I was thinking about going for the JFL's since I can find them online much cheaper than the carbon, but not sure I should chance it since I don't know how they'd fit.

Yes on the frame, but the size of the Carbons is similar to the Jup Squared. I have tried the Factory Lites and they were too tight (narrow). I have the Carbons and they fit great, uses same lenses as Jup squared also.

That, and you get less for more $. That is if you believe Aluminium > O-Matter....

I tried on the factory liters and the carbons . The FL are considerably more arrow , they wouldn't stay put , kept coming forward . The carbon fit me very much like the jupiter squared. I was really wanting the JFL in the brushed aluminum but they were way to small . So I am trying to find a pair of the carbons with matte black ice iridium with the aluminum arms , they seem to be hard to find , except on eBay.