• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter carbon

Cobayashi

Oakley Beginner
i think this may be my second post or something, i was kind of jazzed about this. i have always gravitated to Oakley sunglasses just because the look and feel of the frames, I've had several styles that i have bought and sold in the past but recently i found an eBay listing for a pair of Jupiter carbon on the bay that intrigued me, listing said new with defects some slight marking on the corners of the frames nothing on the lens, just came with the bag no box or hard case, had them on my watch list for at least 3-5 months. decided to take the plunge got them in and wow these are some sweet glasses, im not a collector in any way shape or form, but the "Defects" that the seller claims are almost non existent you have to look so close. as soon as i ordered them i picked up a set or revant midnight sun lens for "Jupiter Squared" after doing a little bit if reading a people found they fit. so heres the pics. now the only thing i may want is the smaller jupiter camo cleaning bag for them.

20150327_103622_zpsjlcun5pb.jpg

IMG_2288_zpstfbhnbdu.jpg

IMG_2289_zps2iqvh3ji.jpg

IMG_2290_zpskgzq8tvn.jpg

IMG_2291_zpsvkfjxu90.jpg

IMG_2292_zpstji9rpuy.jpg

IMG_2293_zpskgrfvdrg.jpg

i was kind of hesitant at first but after receiving them im glad i took the plunge. i have always been a fan of carbon fiber and this hits the nail on the head for me. just a generally great looking set of glasses to wear on a daily basis also kind of a conversation piece to people with a trained eye.

Probably the most comfortable pair next to the tincan carbons. By far the best made pair (well the JFL is) that has come out of LUX in IMHO... I know they made XS for a while but i dont believe that was their design. Anyway i am rambeling but i love this frame!

i will have to agree, these are extremely comfortable the 3-point fit is almost non-existent, seeing how they weight close to nothing, i have a pair of Costa's with glass 580 lens that i pretty much just use for fishing and they feel like there a pound or two compared to these. only reason i still have my Costa glasses is because Oakley has not come out with the angling specific lens as accessory lens's for more frames.

ended up at the oakley vault in sevierville, TN on our trip to gatlinburg and walked out with some Positive Red Iridium Polarized jupiter squared lens, after a 8 hour drive realizing the differences between oakley lens and cheaper counterparts these were a must, also scored a Jupiter Camo Bag to complete the ensemble.

20150412_192601_zps553zabzo.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back