• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Factory Lite

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
I was given some info about a new style coming out called the Jupiter Factory Lite. Here are the SKUs:

Brown OO4066-02 ($230)
Brushed Aluminum OO4066-04 ($280)
Dark Blue OO4066-03 ($230)
Matte Black OO4066-01 ($280)

Anyone know anything about these? I'm wondering what they are.

it is not bad if you like stuff like the jury. *thin flexible carbon fibre arms and aluminum front. the front looks a lil like the jury.*

Bump.

egS8I.jpg

Apparently will be released the 20th of Sept.

Source: Jupiter Factory Lite OO4066-02 - Oakley Fall 2012 Men's Eyewear Sneakpeek - Krush

In person these are really nice frames. They do not stray far from the Jupiter Squared. Unlike the Jury they use a titanium alloy Twin Shock hinge system instead of an Omatter hinging system to link up the carbon fiber temples. The fit is snug and doesn't slide around at all like the heavier Jury did. So far there have only been three color ways announced two with polarized lenses. I personally thought the Jury was a great idea when I heard about it but when I received one thought it missed the mark slightly. This Factory Lite however has nailed the landing it's not a bulky front end of thick aluminum it's actually fairly thin (thinner than the Jupiter Squared) and the carbon fiber temple isn't whimpy either, everything is very solid. Another nice bonus is that they will be coming with the new Square O stripped hard case. These are definitely worth checking out, stores will be receiving them now but won't be on the floor for sale until 9/20. As far as the "may only get 4 pair and that's it" it's solely based on a stores volume and how often a unit moves, so some stores may receive a steady supply. I'll add photos shortly, I'm currently on my phone and can't link from my memory or easily from my Flickr account at the moment. I do already have two photos on Flickr of the Matte black Factory Lite.

Sorry Jared I didn't notice you had said that there will only be a limited supply. Then I stand corrected, get these while you can haha I'll be picking the matte black pair up the matte black pair.

Just seen the matte black pol and silver and ice pair. They are sexy as hell and feel extremely well built. I didn't care how they fit my face :( so I don't know if I'll be buying, wish the matte black had the OO red ird in them then I would buy them just to look at :)