• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Factory Lite

I cannot stand SGH.....Oakley is giving exclusive rights to some of the nicest shades they have came out with in years to some of the most incompetent people on the planet. Sorry if you work for them, but I would not let those morons help me pick out a pair of socks nonetheless a pair of $300 sunnies. I'll wait for them to come out on eBay or the O before I step foot in one of their establishments.....rant over

i agree dude

It has been explained to me that the reason exclusives to vendors happens is because all the sunglasses are paid for before they get them. At O stores and vaults it is not that way, kinda sucks, but it's business.

I cannot stand SGH.....Oakley is giving exclusive rights to some of the nicest shades they have came out with in years to some of the most incompetent people on the planet. Sorry if you work for them, but I would not let those morons help me pick out a pair of socks nonetheless a pair of $300 sunnies. I'll wait for them to come out on eBay or the O before I step foot in one of their establishments.....rant over

I don't see what the big deal is, assuming you are a bit of an Oakley enthusiast, you would already know enough about the glasses that you want to need zero help picking them out. Refusing to buy from a retailer because some of their employees don't know as much as you is a bit ridiculous. You have to realize that Oakley isn't the only brand they sell, in fact most of their employees probably specialize in other brands depending on what they sell most. Refusing to buy from the retailer is ultimately refusing to buy from Oakley....it's like saying hey Oakley your shades are the best but since your employees don't know enough about them, I'll go ahead and buy them from the random guy(who probably gives not one ounce of crap about the brand) on eBay trying to make a quick buck.

Oh well, people will do what they want. Just seems dumb to pass up a pair of glasses you "want" because the employees aren't up to your standards.

3pn24k.jpg

Last I looked this thread was on page 2.

Needless to say I appreciate everyone's opinions, pictures, and discussion. I never realized SGH tosses their boxes; I bought a pair of Batwolf's in Maui last year (forgot my other shades) and didn't think anything of it until I was back on mainland. The biggest difference on this occasion was that I did not receive the spare O Icons. I definitly prefer purchasing from an O Store or Vault; it's more exciting to me and the store employees are more brand enthusiastic.

I don't see what the big deal is, assuming you are a bit of an Oakley enthusiast, you would already know enough about the glasses that you want to need zero help picking them out. Refusing to buy from a retailer because some of their employees don't know as much as you is a bit ridiculous. You have to realize that Oakley isn't the only brand they sell, in fact most of their employees probably specialize in other brands depending on what they sell most. Refusing to buy from the retailer is ultimately refusing to buy from Oakley....it's like saying hey Oakley your shades are the best but since your employees don't know enough about them, I'll go ahead and buy them from the random guy(who probably gives not one ounce of crap about the brand) on eBay trying to make a quick buck.

Oh well, people will do what they want. Just seems dumb to pass up a pair of glasses you "want" because the employees aren't up to your standards.

I don't think it is the fact that they don't know their product, it is more that most of the SGH employes I have encountered don't care about their products. They will disclose completely wrong information. And I know a lot of collectors on here don't like them because they don't receive all of the pieces that are supposed to come with Oakley glasses, they usually just get the glasses in a bag. Naturally at an Oakley Store we know our product because it is all we sell, but we are also excited about what we sell. I'm equally as stoked about the JFL as everyone else on here, and my store doesn't even have them to sell yet.

Not all SGH are the same, there are 2 in my mall, one store is great to deal with and will even send customers down to my Oakley store if they can't help. The other one though is horrible and just out for the cash, they won't even mention an Oakley store being in the mall.

Not all SGH are the same, there are 2 in my mall, one store is great to deal with and will even send customers down to my Oakley store if they can't help. The other one though is horrible and just out for the cash, they won't even mention an Oakley store being in the mall.
^this.

Same goes for O stores...trust me I've worked with some very unenthusiastic people in my store that don't know a ton about the product. I would hate for everyone to stop shopping with us based on their opinion of one employee.

I understand your frustration on the factory lites, but as an employee you should be used to SGH Releases before your store.(that's just how things work) even though you might be frustrated with your particular SGH, it's still owned by the same company as Oakley...not mentioning them to customers, as your SGH has done for you, could potentially lead to a customer not getting something they really want. If someone expressed an interest for the factory lites and the only response they got was "sucks that we don't have them but if you wait a couple of months they will be in our store." I'm sure they would be less than thrilled to find out that they weren't informed of a store down the way currently stocking them.

^this.

Same goes for O stores...trust me I've worked with some very unenthusiastic people in my store that don't know a ton about the product. I would hate for everyone to stop shopping with us based on their opinion of one employee.

I understand your frustration on the factory lites, but as an employee you should be used to SGH Releases before your store.(that's just how things work) even though you might be frustrated with your particular SGH, it's still owned by the same company as Oakley...not mentioning them to customers, as your SGH has done for you, could potentially lead to a customer not getting something they really want. If someone expressed an interest for the factory lites and the only response they got was "sucks that we don't have them but if you wait a couple of months they will be in our store." I'm sure they would be less than thrilled to find out that they weren't informed of a store down the way currently stocking them.

I'm not quite sure what you mean. But I have already informed all of my co-workers that SGH has the JFL so if you're saying we would hide this fact from our customers, that is just not true. I have worked at 2 different Vaults and have friends at almost every store in Florida, sure there have been people who aren't as into Oakley as other people, but when you are hiring associates its tough to find Oakley addicts all of the time. Management wise, we are always looking out for our customers first, if they want a product we go out of our way to help them find it. Even if it means sending them down to SGH.