• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Factory Lite

lite_zpsd2cc7765.jpg

my lame factory lite unboxing picture.

After 1 month of waiting, I finally got me a pair of matte black polarize.

My wife said they look wierd on me. All well taco bell, I like them.

I had wait a month to get these, but it was worth it!!!

Very nice! I think they look better in the flesh than any image can display.

I'm about to order me a pair of factory lite. Is there any downsides with the aluminum? Since aluminum have great conductive properties is there anyone here that own a pair that have used them in cold or hot weather and noticed any discomfort?
I'm new to the forum so if this has been discussed in some other thread please refer me there.

Downside? They are heavier on the frame and the arms are pretty light; so it makes it forward heavy. But they are not uncomfortable.

Sorry for continuing to flog this horse, but the major downside which will forever prevent me from purchasing is the whopping great gap between the earstem and the orbital section of the frame.

Why can't Oakley design a hinge properly these days?

:rolleyes:

I'm about to order me a pair of factory lite. Is there any downsides with the aluminum? Since aluminum have great conductive properties is there anyone here that own a pair that have used them in cold or hot weather and noticed any discomfort?
I'm new to the forum so if this has been discussed in some other thread please refer me there.

It was 30* here yesterday and bright sunshine. I wore my alum/ice pair out for a few hours. Did a couple of things outside in the process and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The o matter nose pads help. Once I pulled in the garage after a 7 minute drive from where I was in the cold, I took them off and found it remarkable how cold the orbitals were. I hadn't noticed up until that point though like I said. I love mine, they're a go to pair at the moment.

It was 30* here yesterday and bright sunshine. I wore my alum/ice pair out for a few hours. Did a couple of things outside in the process and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The o matter nose pads help.

Have to agree with this. The Factory Lite doesn't cause any problems for me in extreme cold/heat. If you want that, try Jury...those things will freeze your face off!

Sorry for continuing to flog this horse, but the major downside which will forever prevent me from purchasing is the whopping great gap between the earstem and the orbital section of the frame.

Why can't Oakley design a hinge properly these days?

:rolleyes:

Oakley state that this is actually a design feature. They call them 'Dual-Shock Hinges' on the Jupiter Factory Lites and they are to aid in the impact resistance of the frames.

Good marketing skills from Oakley, as usual then.

- "Right. We've made all these Factory Lites. But, what if people ask about the big 'panel gap' between the frame and the ear-stem?"

- "Errrrrr . . . . . Oh, I know, how about saying it's a design feature to improve impact resistance?"

- "Nice one. Meeting adjourned everyone!"

Good marketing skills from Oakley, as usual then.

- "Right. We've made all these Factory Lites. But, what if people ask about the big 'panel gap' between the frame and the ear-stem?"

- "Errrrrr . . . . . Oh, I know, how about saying it's a design feature to improve impact resistance?"

- "Nice one. Meeting adjourned everyone!"

Haha, good point! I guess we'll never know if it was on purpose or not...