• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Factory Lite

Without that gap, the twin shock hinge would be rendered useless. That gap is what allows the hinge to have a spring to it. Without adding an actual spring to the hinge. Which in my long experience selling sunglasses is the first thing to go.

They could have put a light rubber gasket to hide the gap but still allow for flex. Didn't Oakley do something with gaskets on another pair? :p

I went into a SGH today and took some pics, I'll upload them tonight.

So far though, I have to say I like them. It's basically a combo of the Jury, Jupiter Squared and Carbon Plate. They fit a little more snug then the JS but it's better IMO. Though I have to say that they are pricey and the tag might scare off potential buyers.

20120915_185739.jpg

20120915_185753.jpg

20120915_185906.jpg

Like i said I got them with the Blue from the silver versions put in them these are great!

had the chance to check these out yesterday. was looking for the woodgrain JS at SGH but they didn't have them. the salesman showed me the Jupiter FL and said "these aren't even supposed to be out yet." they were awesome in my opinion. felt solid and well made. tried them on and they felt a bit more snug than the Jupiter Squared which might be just right considering the JS i own slide down my nose a tiny bit. the FL feel like they won't move around and are still comfortable. i usually buy black shades but the silver w/ blue iridium lenses looked a bit better than the black at the moment. unfortunately i couldn't afford the $280 price tag right then and there but i'm hoping to get a pair within a couple weeks... just not sure what color.

XTREME-O howd you get the blue lenses with black frame ? that's awesome

Without that gap, the twin shock hinge would be rendered useless. That gap is what allows the hinge to have a spring to it. Without adding an actual spring to the hinge. Which in my long experience selling sunglasses is the first thing to go.

I agree with Jared. Springs are ALWAYS one of the first things to go in almost and frame, and like him I speak from a long history off experience. The dual shock like someone else said picks up where the Jury had a weak point, and delivers a stronger hinge than a mono shock system (Plaintiff and new C Wire). With out that gap you can have a comfortable fit, what to some has seemed right would be even tighter. If your local Sunglass Hut is sticking to their guns and not showing you or hasn't gotten them in yet, you only have a few more days :cool: