• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Lense Coating Peeling Off

the store where i bought my splitjacket replaced the unit due to the same issues. they agreed then to replace it with another unit due to the fact that the one i purchased was a limited edition and they couldnt replace the former, in 3 days time, the crosshair also peeled off. was sooooo disappointed

I had a pair of gascans peel but under a year so warranty fixed it sent in the whole pair and copy of receipt. Yours being that old they may or may not help you.
That is cool that they helped you out, because lenses are not covered by the Oakley 1 year warranty. It shows great customer service on their part. I had a pair of Half Jackets for about five years, they broke in half, and i felt that they shouldnt have, but they were way out of warranty. I gave it a try anyway and told Oak about my issue, (not expecting much) but they replaced my shades for free!! It is little stuff like that, stuff that takes little effort from a large company, that means so much to customers. That is how you should run a company.

If it is a delamination issue if you have your purchase receipt and a local Oakley store has stock of what you need they can be switched out in the store

Same here unfortunately my why 8 titanium clear was peeling i really dont know what happened i dont use them it was just in the case and when i cleaned it today the film or coating was peeling:(

Oakley lenses flakes in time, even if you don't use it. The humidity in the Philippines is enough for it to flake. Since it's plastic and it's coated it will flake eventually. If you don't want a sun glass that doesn't flakes get a something that is made of glass. Problem is it's heavy. Oakley should do something about this flaking, they should since there are a lot of Oakley fan boys in the tropics.

Hello, I'm also from Philippines and a fan of Oakley. I have a pair of gascan with polarized black iridium lenses. Despite of my lots of care for my lenses, I still got the same problem of peeled off inner coating, and I agree to all infos here that it might be due to chemical reaction, skin/hair oil that was left on the lenses during usage.

My questions:
1.0 What can I do to this problem to totally remove the coating? The peeled off coating has already damaged the quality of view when I wear the gascan. And if I successfully clear out the peeled coating, is it still good to use?
2.0 If there is nothing to do with the peeled off lenses, what is the next best buy Oakley gascan lenses which can withstand the chemical reactions, whatsoever? I need a pair of lenses that could last a lifetime.

Please help me friends.

Regards,
Eric

Hello, I'm also from Philippines and a fan of Oakley. I have a pair of gascan with polarized black iridium lenses. Despite of my lots of care for my lenses, I still got the same problem of peeled off inner coating, and I agree to all infos here that it might be due to chemical reaction, skin/hair oil that was left on the lenses during usage.

My questions:
1.0 What can I do to this problem to totally remove the coating? The peeled off coating has already damaged the quality of view when I wear the gascan. And if I successfully clear out the peeled coating, is it still good to use?
2.0 If there is nothing to do with the peeled off lenses, what is the next best buy Oakley gascan lenses which can withstand the chemical reactions, whatsoever? I need a pair of lenses that could last a lifetime.

Please help me friends.

Regards,
Eric

Lenses needs replacement imo. Innregards to where to find gascan lenses that should not be hard.

My questions:

Please help me friends.

Regards,
Eric
Welcome to the forum

1-only ONE thing lasts a lifetime and it's NOT LENSES.
2-you can purchase new lenses from Oakley directly on the website.
3-if you're going to remove the coating just go up to #2.

I'm from Indonesia, and all of my oakley peeled off too. The humidity and hair/skin oil or chemical reaction, I think they are the main cause/factors in the tropics. I agree if oakley consider new lens technology used in the tropics.

Back