• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter LX Lenses

sk8erdew

Oakley Beginner
I just bought a pair of Shaun White Jupiter LX's. This isn't my first pair of Oakley's though. I had a pair of flak's but I sold them which was a terrible decision. But anyways this is not about that. I was wondering if I was to buy replacement lenses for the Jupiter LX's which lenses would I buy because on oakley's web site there are only Squared and regular Jupiter lenses. Which ones would I buy and is there a difference? Thanks.

Regular jupiter lens would do...:cool:

I'm not so sure about that. I know that VL (Visionary Lenses) sells replacement lenses for the Jupiter and Jupiter LX, and they are not interchangeable. I've never tried putting standard Jupiter lenses in an LX though. Anyone attempted this? Jupiter Squared lenses will not work in the older Jupiter and LX styles.

Oakley no longer sells any of the interesting Jupiter lenses (just Grey and Black Polarized). You should check your local Vault. Mine has most LX and regular pairs for $49, which would be cheaper than buying the lenses alone (if you can find them) anyway.

I dont see how it would work. Jupiter LX frames are more of a cat eye style, and has a deeper curve above the nose bridge than than the regular Jupiters. Cant say for 100% certain though since Ive never tried.

I dont see how it would work. Jupiter LX frames are more of a cat eye style, and has a deeper curve above the nose bridge than than the regular Jupiters. Cant say for 100% certain though since Ive never tried.

interesting as I was told that there isn't any difference between the LX and regular jupiter by the sales lady...except for the material...the LX frame isn't made of its o-matter material..perhaps anyone who has both can confirm?

sorry sk8erdew if my info wasn't correct.

Latest Posts

Back