• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiter Squared Question

Zax

Chicago
Is there a difference between the lens fit on a standard Jupiter Squared and the Asian Fit version? Also curious what the "LX" label stands for. Appreciate the help.

Is there a difference between the lens fit on a standard Jupiter Squared and the Asian Fit version? Also curious what the "LX" label stands for. Appreciate the help.

The "LX" designates a different frame from the jup^2.... I _believe_ it's actually called a Jupiter LX...

AFAIK I would guess the lenses wouldn't change on the Asian fit, but I'm not positive at all.

@cyclerdoug may be of a bit more info, I know he's a Jupiter kinda guy too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "LX" designates a different frame from the jup^2.... I _believe_ it's actually called a Jupiter LX...

AFAIK I would guess the lenses wouldn't change on the Asian fit, but I'm not positive at all.

@cyclerdoug may be of a bit more info, I know he's a Jupiter kinda guy too...

Thanks for the response. This is the pair I was wondering about

5de825d781025b1ef565af9c448e55fd.jpg

I've always wanted a set, but the regular Jupiter Squared sits on my cheek. This has a much larger nose area, but the lens is pretty much useless for me

The lenses definitely look taller than my Jupiter squared.

I agree... looking at my Rossis in my bag right now, that looks closer to an LX sized lens... weird...

Edit: a little research later, there doesnt appear to be an Asian fit jup^2, but there IS a jup^2 LX Asian fit... yeah, I'd be guessing those lenses are a beast all their own...

I've always wanted a set, but the regular Jupiter Squared sits on my cheek. This has a much larger nose area, but the lens is pretty much useless for me

That's quite the problem.... sounds like it's time for Frankenstein to get O-mattered! Lol

LX designates a frame material that comes in the regular Jupiter and the Jupiter squared models, gentlemen. LX is an acetate frame, as opposed to the "regular" plastic on the non-LX.

As soon as you pick them up you know the difference. The LX is three times as heavy and much more substantial.

As for the lenses, I'll have to check when I get in later or tomorrow evening, I have the LX model in both regular and Asian fit, I'll see if the lenses swap. I've never tried!

LX designates a frame material that comes in the regular Jupiter and the Jupiter squared models, gentlemen. LX is an acetate frame, as opposed to the "regular" plastic on the non-LX.

As soon as you pick them up you know the difference. The LX is three times as heavy and much more substantial.

As for the lenses, I'll have to check when I get in later or tomorrow evening, I have the LX model in both regular and Asian fit, I'll see if the lenses swap. I've never tried!

*bows down in the presence of greatness*

Thanks for clarifying! I appreciate your help - that'd be awesome if they were interchangeable.

Back