• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jupiters...... ?

Hi Splice, I saw the sold out ones online last night and do like them too but think I'm gunna need to haul to the local Oakley stockists asap to see if I can track them down and try them on. I tend to suit a larger lens so they should be ok in theory. . .

Have you had a look at Designer Sunglasses Online | Buy Oakley Sunglasses | Buy Designer Eyewear Online as they have Jupiters on there at discounted prices. I got my Chip Foose Jupiters from there but when i put then on they didn't suit me. Sold them on to my eldeset son though (at least i will have if he pay's me LOL)

Have you had a look at Designer Sunglasses Online | Buy Oakley Sunglasses | Buy Designer Eyewear Online as they have Jupiters on there at discounted prices. I got my Chip Foose Jupiters from there but when i put then on they didn't suit me. Sold them on to my eldeset son though (at least i will have if he pay's me LOL)

Hiya, yeah it's one of the go-to sites for buying online. Thank you very much for the tip tho, good call. Hope you get your £££ off your son! Haha

Yeah, I saw all your cool 24k in the pic you have listed. Must say it is very impressive. I think I will invest if they suit me. Also, RE customizing..... We might have a problem... Whilst Herbsley was browsing various paints for his jono'd Hijinx we happened upon a pink/gold Tamiya paint which is gorgeous!!! So obviously now I want my own custom O's in that colour!! :cool:

and so it starts. ha! trust me, you guys are gonna have fun with DIY customization. i know i did. =)

Hi Splice, I saw the sold out ones online last night and do like them too but think I'm gunna need to haul to the local Oakley stockists asap to see if I can track them down and try them on. I tend to suit a larger lens so they should be ok in theory. . .

They're pretty big. I'm used to wearing smaller lenses/frames. The Jupiter is larger than Frogskins, but they're not overly huge like the Eyepatch.

and so it starts. ha! trust me, you guys are gonna have fun with DIY customization. i know i did. =)

well, the possibilites are endless now of course!! I just need to decide what I wanna customize.... thinking that I will need something with a G40 Black Gradient lens too so it goes with the pinky tones in the paint.... maybe an eternal or similar could work..... hmmm..... any suggestions anyone???

perhaps you can get a pair with a big/wide frame? makes it easier to do any custom work. i have the Naomi/South Eternal in my display, part of my artist series collection, and to me, the earstems seem a tad narrow. but that's just my opinion. =)

p/s: G40 Black Gradient sounds awesome!

I'm thinking a big single shield lens sunglass, like an Antix. LOADS of coverage to show off the pink/gold iridescence.

Of course this could all be a moot point if I make a total pig's breakfast of my Herbsley Artist Series GOLDjinx project, and decide never to paint another frame!
Time will tell. I'm about to order the glasses and the paint.
Will also have to think about lenses too. No Gold Iridium or Gold Iridium polarized for Hijinx in the UK. They are on the USA vault website for only $55 of course, but with no shipping option to the UK of course. Sigh.
This might put me into the hands of VL instead. Meh.

When the Jupiters first came out the fist pair I got was the Clear with Violet Lens. They reminded me of the frogskins my parents had several years ago. My Girlfriend Loves wearing my Jupiters so they work great for Men and Women. I suggest giving them a shot.

Back