• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just an old man trying to look cool in my Oakleys. Retired from Union Pacific RR and work part time at a very busy gun shop.

Welcome fellow blind man!
too-tiny-ken-jeong.gif

You can often find a "kodak lens professional" and get Kodak unique progressive w transitions w clean and cleAR coating w silk. Those would be about $500 or less. Believe it or not that would be a great price for quality lenses.

You get what you pay for w custom made product.
I'm getting ready to order Oakley's from someone! Today is the last day to get the 30%off on frames I like. I'm paranoid about getting poor quality lenses as I have always bought my glasses from a retail brick and mortar. I've only ordered once online. They wereWiley-X climate control for motorcycle from Frames DIrect. They told me all Wiley-X lenses have to be made in their lab so I wasn't too concerned with their quality but I'm not impressed with my vision with these and I think it is due to having progressives and the curvature of their frames and lens requirements.

I'm looking at Frames Direct again for the Oakley's (Wiretap 2.0 and a new pair of my everyday wear Lizzards). Where would I get the best lenses, from Oakley site or Frames DIrect? Or is there somewhere else you could point me. Also any recommendations on lens material and coatings? If you have the time, explain to me as if I have no knowledge at all.

Thanks for any help you or anyone else can give me!

I'm getting ready to order Oakley's from someone! Today is the last day to get the 30%off on frames I like. I'm paranoid about getting poor quality lenses as I have always bought my glasses from a retail brick and mortar. I've only ordered once online. They wereWiley-X climate control for motorcycle from Frames DIrect. They told me all Wiley-X lenses have to be made in their lab so I wasn't too concerned with their quality but I'm not impressed with my vision with these and I think it is due to having progressives and the curvature of their frames and lens requirements.

I'm looking at Frames Direct again for the Oakley's (Wiretap 2.0 and a new pair of my everyday wear Lizzards). Where would I get the best lenses, from Oakley site or Frames DIrect? Or is there somewhere else you could point me. Also any recommendations on lens material and coatings? If you have the time, explain to me as if I have no knowledge at all.

Thanks for any help you or anyone else can give me!
If you use frames direct you can still get Oakley brand lenses. That's what I recommend.

Latest Posts

Back