• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Just Another Mag Switch Page

They can be restored.
Here's mine (Before and after)

BEFORE

IMG_20210328_111336.jpg

AFTER

FYXC6796[1].JPG
FOXXE5202[1].JPG
GIWBE7522[1].JPG

... But it will cost you time and money.

FYXC6796[1].JPG

FOXXE5202[1].JPG

GIWBE7522[1].JPG

Last edited:
About the lenses, there was one optician in here who sort of tunned the orbitals and made them like the x metals. He cut the orbitals on sides and added screws in the, he even managed to have a way around nose bridge pins. He even had rx lenses in them. At that time i didnt own any mag switches but now Im thinking to contact him and ask. Hope hes still alive as he was pretty old at the time when we discussed the mag switches.

When Bonz-1 did my customs he fabricated nose pins and springs for the hinges, Also Rubbers because I could only find on set, yet was having 3 customs built. Hardaway for lens and installation of the lenses. 2nd triple from the left are the 3
20210402_085556.jpg

When Bonz-1 did my customs he fabricated nose pins and springs for the hinges, Also Rubbers because I could only find on set, yet was having 3 customs built. Hardaway for lens and installation of the lenses. 2nd triple from the left are the 3
View attachment 918917
@Bonz-1/@scrodo, when the mag switch is disassembled, do you have to redo the hinges as well?

View attachment 918917
Always amazed by you @scrodo. Didn’t @Bonz-1 bury the one pair in his backyard to perfect the rust?

That is the rustiest pair ever! :D

Back