• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Arrived

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
My happiness is overshadowed by my recent loss.
dysyqa2a.jpg
runy5e5y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Customize how?

Oh, first choice would be to get some custom cuts (no 3rd party) to give a broader range of colors / light conditions, especially lens colors that weren't released for Half-X. InfiniteHero says the only x-metal frame he can't do custom cuts for is R2.

A side effect of putting in custom cuts is the original lenses become a backup replacement pair to the set you leave stock.

You could also customize with 3rd party colored rubbers but I don't think LineGear does them for Half-X, don't know about other 3rd party brands.

Finally, if you wanted to go that far, x-man can refinish a frame - maybe matte black, x-metal, or even some particular color if that floats your boat.

You can always undo replacement lenses and rubbers but not a refinish...

Just whatever you find most appealing, especially if you're planning to wear them. Or leave them alone if that's what you like best.

Oh, first choice would be to get some custom cuts (no 3rd party) to give a broader range of colors / light conditions, especially lens colors that weren't released for Half-X. InfiniteHero says the only x-metal frame he can't do custom cuts for is R2.

A side effect of putting in custom cuts is the original lenses become a backup replacement pair to the set you leave stock.

You could also customize with 3rd party colored rubbers but I don't think LineGear does them for Half-X, don't know about other 3rd party brands.

Finally, if you wanted to go that far, x-man can refinish a frame - maybe matte black, x-metal, or even some particular color if that floats your boat.

You can always undo replacement lenses and rubbers but not a refinish...

Just whatever you find most appealing, especially if you're planning to wear them. Or leave them alone if that's what you like best.

I just realized my earlier answer was totally idiotic - an example of my Amazing Ability to State The Obvious... I need to try to be a moron less often...

So I would put in either oo red or +red custom cuts (depending if you want contrast or neutral), I really like those lenses.

Violet custom cuts are also very nice.

Back