• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Bought A Pair Of Juliets. Good Deal? And Need Help Identify Frame/lenses

amh

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys,

New here and just bought my first X-Metal, a pair of Juliets. Live in Sweden and you rarely see them here so when these popped up on a local buy & sell site I thought why not, always wanted a pair...

The guy didn't know much about them, just that it was polarized Juliets, said he bought them of some dude when on a mission to Afghanistan.

Seems to be in fairly good condition except a lose nose-bridge on one side, flexes from it's own weight, almost metal against metal. Then there's some paint missing at one of the hinges.

Here's some (prolly to many) photos:

front_zps7b900c47.jpg

front-left_zps9c557de2.jpg

front-right_zps0b90c6eb.jpg

inner-right_zps5c393d14.jpg

inner-left_zpsf871a8be.jpg

And here's some of the lose nosebridge:

nosebridge-inside_zps5331cc14.jpg

nosebridge-front_zpsd72b484a.jpg

And the missing paint:

left-hinge_zpsbe7715fe.jpg

So, some questions as the Oakley and X-Metal newbie I am:
  • The guy didn't wanna go any lower then $140, glasses only no box or coin or anything, was that a OK deal for these?
  • What frame/lenses combo is this?
  • No serial number, read somewhere that they stopped putting serials on Juliets 2004 (?) so what generation are these?
  • And is there any way to see if they lenses are polarized as the guy said, should all polarized Juliet lenses have the text on them?

...and yeah, I ******* love them already! :D Although I think a pair of XX would fit me better unless they are much wider then the Juliets!? ...probably need to get myself a pair of those anyway! :)

Thanks!

Nice deal! If they are Oakley Juliet polarized they would be etched on the left lens. If not they are after market or custom cut. To check polarization hold them up to an LCD screen and rotate, you should see it black out.

Thanks for the replies! :) Good to hear it was a nice deal.

Not polarized, just tried with the LCD thingie!

Thanks, yeah, already thinking about doing that.

...although his thread says that he only takes multiple sets for international orders so need to find myself another pair first! :)

Latest Posts

Back