• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just bought this case

Riverrat33

Oakley Enthusiast
Just picked up this case with the information holder, and pair of radar prism sunglasses for 300.00. I didn't think that was a bad price for all of it.
I do need some help though with trying to clean up the metal a little bit . What would work best for clean and maybe try to get some of the scratches to disappear if that is even possible. I just want to try to clean it up before I bring it in the house.

IMG_5740.JPG

Congrats! Good deal there. I'd probably try using some steel wool. Could probably scuff it up nice and give it a machined look.

What do y'all use just to wipe that type of case down with? Will water rust it? If you use like hot water with some soap just to wipe it down.

It will not rust. Wipe it down like you suggested and dry with a towel. I had 8 signs like the piece at the top of your case. I used metal polish on one just to change the look. The finish turned shiny and I like it. I wouldn't polish an entire display case though.

Back