• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Got A Glimpse At The Rep Sheet For The Fallout Collection.

Agreed bros, since I got the matte black tortoise brook 2 weeks ago I've worn them at least 4 days. As collectors like you know, that's a lot of repetitive wear lol. I love the Murasaki and was sad that they brought the frame back to a regular release pair but screw it this new pair is sick. The icons are cool as hell and almost any lens goes. Just threw in Chrome polar this afternoon.
Congrats on the Fallout HB pickup! Just saw your post in the 'what are u wearing' thread ;)

Just got my Fallout GR in Matte Brown Tort, love it. The icons have a nice subtle touch of a rusted look, actually wish it stood out more. I'm looking forward to grabbing the rest of the frames in the Matte Tort colorways....makes me miss my Murasaki HB ;(.
Exactly what I was thinking Jono! The Murasaki HB was like the prototype colorway...kinda sad that they released the same Matte Tort frames in other styles instead of keeping it strictly for the Murasaki, but on the same token I'm glad they did, cause now I can wear that dope colorway without worry. I still have one Murasaki being kept in safe hands...just have to buy them back, lol.
If that's the case I should jump on the band wagon! I now can't wait for the fallout, but if da guy below you is true, I will go get the xmetal instead! A hui hou!

I'm new... but I've herd something from an extreeemely reliable source... She tells me that they are developing an X-metal 2?! I'm still staying tuned as I'm not keen on the 'made in China' that they seem to be doing as of late.
If it's true, I'll be looking for it! Thanks!

If that's the case I should jump on the band wagon! I now can't wait for the fallout, but if da guy below you is true, I will go get the xmetal instead! A hui hou!
Howzit Shaun! If you want the Fallout pairs a little cheaper and before they come to market, I'd try to snag them now. I'm waiting to see if the retail release will include a Fallout specific MF bag...kinda hoping it does but it doesn't. The pair I got came with a plain black MF bag.

As for an x-metal 2...I wouldn't hold your breath. I've heard that the carbon fiber lines are supposedly taking the place of x-metals....but again, it's all hearsay until Oakley releases official dialogue.

Good to see another braddah from the islands on the boards! Welcome aboard!

Howzit Shaun! If you want the Fallout pairs a little cheaper and before they come to market, I'd try to snag them now. I'm waiting to see if the retail release will include a Fallout specific MF bag...kinda hoping it does but it doesn't. The pair I got came with a plain black MF bag.

As for an x-metal 2...I wouldn't hold your breath. I've heard that the carbon fiber lines are supposedly taking the place of x-metals....but again, it's all hearsay until Oakley releases official dialogue.

Good to see another braddah from the islands on the boards! Welcome aboard!
Howzit Braddah I just spoke to my cousin this morning because he's one of the bosses for sunglass hut and he went to a convention on the mainland and he said the subject of the x metal sunglasses came up! But he's not sure what they're planning on doing! In the meantime I will be waiting for the fallouts! I think the next purchase will be a regular carbon blade with the titanium iridiums!

Hows this for controversy... So recently Oakley brought out the "Heritage Collection" featuring some of its first styles Eyeshades, Razorblades and Frogskins as a 30th Anniversary celebration since the Eyeshades came out.. However, as Oakley history goes, Jim Jannard started the company in 1975.. Being 2015 next year, (40yrs since the start of the company) could next year be the reprise of the X-Metals???

Hows this for controversy... So recently Oakley brought out the "Heritage Collection" featuring some of its first styles Eyeshades, Razorblades and Frogskins as a 30th Anniversary celebration since the Eyeshades came out.. However, as Oakley history goes, Jim Jannard started the company in 1975.. Being 2015 next year, (40yrs since the start of the company) could next year be the reprise of the X-Metals???
I could see a 50th anniversary, but if they just discontinued it, they won't bring it back for awhile. However, my cousin was not able to give a definite answer, all he told me was that at a convention, the x-metals was a subject that was talked about. Now what they're going to do, I don't know. Maybe we will be seeing designs similar to the x-metal but not the same. So it really remains to be seeing. But as for the theory noted, It's possible, and I am hoping that they do, but I'm looking at realistically, it is more likely not to happen anytime soon, due to the emergence of Carbon Blade, tin cans, and tin foils. Anything is possible and it remains to be seen!

I was told in the Myrtle Beach vault that the X-metal line was coming back for the 40 year anniversary. Wasn't a manager so not sure how good the info is... Wasn't even going to bring it up but since seeing this thread I decided to add my experience.

I was told in the Myrtle Beach vault that the X-metal line was coming back for the 40 year anniversary. Wasn't a manager so not sure how good the info is... Wasn't even going to bring it up but since seeing this thread I decided to add my experience.
Well if they do, then I'm all in for it. But first, I'm going to be looking at getting a PB soon!

Latest Posts

Back