• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Got A Glimpse At The Rep Sheet For The Fallout Collection.

I have been told by my Rep they sold the building where they did the X-Metal and it won't be coming back. He said they are focusing their time and resources on carbon fiber right now. He had no definite answers and even if he did I don't think he's at jeopardy to talk about it. I too wouldn't hold your breathe about the X-Metals ever coming back, but only time will tell.

Since we move a lot of Oakley product my rep normally includes me along with a handful of other stores within his area in Oakley questionnaires and feedback. Regarding the Heritage Collection he asked my input and whether or not if they come out with new colorways within the 3 lines if I'd have interest and if the public would have interest. I told him no. I think the price point is too high and there isn't much demand out there for it. You can buy a lot for $200.

And I agree, I replied to the salesman "that would be awesome" and moved on. Like I said, I wasn't even going to post anything about it because Im not holding my breath either but since it came up I threw in my experience.

The new focus does seen to be new materials but with the heritage and things I've heard I don't think x metals are out of the question my word on the street is the ott is coming back as soon as this fall possibly

I think it would be pretty cool to offer the X-Metal designs made from carbon fiber. That would allow for the same look, but keep it lighter weight. Not sure how possible it is, but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

The new focus does seen to be new materials but with the heritage and things I've heard I don't think x metals are out of the question my word on the street is the ott is coming back as soon as this fall possibly
X Metals are done. Dead horse.
Re: OTTs returning, it's more than possible. Oakley have a patent application for a telecommunications connected eyeglass including HUD... the patent app includes a drawing of the OTTs. It was filed a while ago, but...
Given their recent hookup with Google Glass... here are a couple of ways it could go...
OTT interface:
Link.
They also have a recent patent application for a "Wearable high resolution audio video interface" that looks like the Thump redux.
Link.

These are patent apps of course, not actual patents. Their actual patent stream is relatively current to their production releases.

Latest Posts

Back