• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Picked Up a Display Case. Need Tech Help

Cross6927

Oakley Beginner
Picked this up. But did not have power cable, or any light bulbs.

What style or type of bulbs are needed? What power cable?

Thanks

00D0D_b2G34Dzzhzx_600x450.jpg

Does it just need a power cable? As in all the components are inside it for where it plugs into? And last I heard @Oakster had the replacement lights.

Hi Cross,

Nice case, it's a 3.0 for reference. I just brought home a similar case this weekend (a 3.1). Which bulbs do you require, the upper, lower, or both?

With regard to the power cord, this is the one mine came with, but double check the input to make sure it's the same:
IMG_20150301_182543.jpg IMG_20150301_182507.jpg
Here is a link where one can be purchased on ebay but search around more too if you need a different length:
Standard 6 ft Three Prong Computer Power Cord New | eBay
I know these cords are common to computer monitors and printers, so you may have one laying around the house. You could also try your local hardware store.

To clean mine up, I used a microfiber cloth and a cleaning product called Spray Nine on the metal surface. The metal finish and paint on this case is porous and a can be difficult to clean but the Spray Nine took off the dirt and fingerprints that many other cleaners wouldn't, while not damaging the finish.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
recently purchased one as well. when I picked mine up, the guy had another verision of the 3.0 with different bulbs. the top and bottom are basic 24" t8 bulbs. can you send a pic of the inside top. I might be able to help you out.

I have a 3.0 with a T5 bulb on top and just picked up a 3.1 and found out it has 2 T8 bulbs. Plus the 3.1 is an 1/8 inch slimmer than the 3.0.

Back