• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just saw this on Oakley's job site - Director of Global Product Strategy

I agree Oakley right now and very recently has done great. I actually like them, not like the OG of course but better than anything else. They tapped into their real base pretty well. People bitch about the new stuff all the time but I think they've done a great job of appealing to a wide range of people.

Having said that, the guy responsible may have just left, and corporate America isn't exactly known for doing anything to benefit the customer in this brave new world. Short term profits is goal number one, being disgustingly woke is goal number 2, even at the expense of long term profits... But then they just blame that on something else and go full steam ahead into the ****ter of denial.
Yep, thats true. Hopefully they see how well they did this past year compared to a few years prior and try to keep going in that direction. But yeah, Ive been loving the new Re: Subzeros even though like you say, its still gotten a little bit of hate. Still better than anything they did 2015 thru 2020.

Dont look for that to happen

👍

Look for more store changes in the future. Not in the direction most of us want.
I don’t see how it could get any worse than it was between 2015 to 2020. I mean you can only go so bland right?

F6CAFBB3-212E-46BD-B7F6-17FB817E60B0.jpeg

It’s probably the other way. Getting rid of any of the old guard so they can go the new way. Oakley has done great lately,

This is the truth. Oakley has been doing amazing for Essilor-Luxottica for the last couple years, at least financially with double digit growth most quarters. Life is good for those in control of the company. So good that the son Leonardo Maria del Vecchio has been spotted driving the Ferrari Monza SP 2.

Oakley seems pretty big on preserving its company culture and heritage. From what I see on LinkedIn, many employees have been with Oakley for decades. But yes, seems like a concern/red flag if there are no qualified internal candidates for a director-level position. 😳
It would be red flag if they didn’t post it externally. You guys are looking into this to much.

Latest Posts

Back