• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just saw this on Oakley's job site - Director of Global Product Strategy

I recently heard from someone that might be "in the know" to look for major changes looking forward over the next 3-7 years with the brand. The job listing might be an indication that the last strategist was fired or left. Draw your own conclusions.

I recently heard from someone that might be "in the know" to look for major changes looking forward over the next 3-7 years with the brand. The job listing might be an indication that the last strategist was fired or left. Draw your own conclusions.
I certainly hope so. It would be awesome if they begged someone from the old crew to come back and bring things back to Oakleys glory days.

I certainly hope so. It would be awesome if they begged someone from the old crew to come back and bring things back to Oakleys glory days.
It’s probably the other way. Getting rid of any of the old guard so they can go the new way. Oakley has done great lately, of course there’s some garbage but they have put out some gems lately. Especially muzm stuff. Production and qc is the biggest issue.

It’s probably the other way. Getting rid of any of the old guard so they can go the new way. Oakley has done great lately, of course there’s some garbage but they have put out some gems lately. Especially muzm stuff. Production and qc is the biggest issue.
I think the latest stuff that has happened the last year or so was maybe a testing the market. And it made Lux see the light, because whoever they put in charge back around 2013 who discontinued the watches and completely changed how the stores looked, has been in charge and had been trying to turn it into a nike or underarmour clone.

I think the latest stuff that has happened the last year or so was maybe a testing the market. And it made Lux see the light, because whoever they put in charge back around 2013 who discontinued the watches and completely changed how the stores looked, has been in charge and had been trying to turn it into a nike or underarmour clone.
I certainly hope so, but it seems they either fired the guy who's tasked with doing that or he left for other reasons.

Dont look for that to happen
It’s probably the other way. Getting rid of any of the old guard so they can go the new way.
👍
Look for more store changes in the future. Not in the direction most of us want.

I certainly hope so, but it seems they either fired the guy who's tasked with doing that or he left for other reasons.
Either way, I like the direction they have been going the last year. A lot more needs to change, but 3 years ago they would have never had a promo of an athlete go to the Bunker and try on Over the top glasses. 3 years ago it would have been at a bland store trying on the newest bland glasses they have. The social media team has also changed over the last year. Before when Oakley collectors would give advice about what they wanted they would either delete the post or say “Im sure youll find something you like in our selection.” Now they act like its a possibility.

Either way, I like the direction they have been going the last year. A lot more needs to change, but 3 years ago they would have never had a promo of an athlete go to the Bunker and try on Over the top glasses. 3 years ago it would have been at a bland store trying on the newest bland glasses they have. The social media team has also changed over the last year. Before when Oakley collectors would give advice about what they wanted they would either delete the post or say “Im sure youll find something you like in our selection.” Now they act like its a possibility.
I agree Oakley right now and very recently has done great. I actually like them, not like the OG of course but better than anything else. They tapped into their real base pretty well. People bitch about the new stuff all the time but I think they've done a great job of appealing to a wide range of people.

Having said that, the guy responsible may have just left, and corporate America isn't exactly known for doing anything to benefit the customer in this brave new world. Short term profits is goal number one, being disgustingly woke is goal number 2, even at the expense of long term profits... But then they just blame that on something else and go full steam ahead into the ****ter of denial.

Latest Posts

Back