• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Spotted Fast Jackets

I know I posted all the links and pics in this thread: oakley-fast-jacket-colors-w-pics-t312.html , but they are also up on Oakley now under new releases. But I agree with you 100% UCDavis, to me the Half Jackets/Flak Jackets/Fast Jackets were always meant to be affordable high performance Oakleys, but the FMJ Chromes are $280. I mean the cost is kinda justified by the fact that they are new and you get 2 pairs of lenses, but I know what you mean!

I completely agree about the price! I just recently bought myself pair of Juliets in mint condition for less than a brand new pair of fast jackets would cost

Well...I try to adjust for eBay pricing. Yes, the Fast Jackets are $280 new which is $30 MORE than I just paid for a brand new pair of polished/fire polarized Juliets-but those are $400+ new. On average, once a model has released for awhile (usually 8 months or so), eBay pricing new is around 33% off MSRP, so based on that the Fast would be around $190 which would include a second set of lenses (though I'm curious why no case is included when one was with the Flak and the Jawbone).

All that aside, Oakley prices are going even higher than ever before. Heck, Juliet prices have gone up 16% in the past 4 years (and other Oakley's have increased about the same amount as well). And look what you're getting- I mean...I'm an Oakley purist and have not been thrilled with the direction of the designs since Jim sold...but 5 years ago you could get a Splice for $155 at retail. A SPLICE-I mean look how distinctive and complex that piece is-now a Straight Jacket in some non Polarized models are over that price.

Am I the only person who doesn't like the pit bulls at all? To me they just don't look very cool they look like a spot filler more than any thing else.

Save for maybe a few special/limited editions, there are no non-polarized Straight Jackets that retail for over $150. OCP non-polarized would be $150 max. Prices are going to go up no matter what. Thats just the way business and the economy works. If demand is high, and people are willing to pay, why not raise prices?

Ok well first off the price is high but justified in like the boss said u get the 2 lenses and both are iridium lenses and u also have to factori in the FMJ which has always made the price go up. So really it's not that bad for what your getting. Second it does come with a case, its the soft vault just like the flaks. So yes prices have gone up but so has everything else in the world Oakley is just keeping with the times. Also this year should be an awesome year for Oakley in terms of bring back the awesome and crazy stuff that made them who they are today. At least that's what they are telling us!!

Latest Posts

Back