• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just to clarify was there ever a Polished Romeo 1 made or was there a prototype done from Oakley?

Nortika

I own Oakley
Premium Member
Lafayette, Co
I'm talking to a guy selling a Romeo 1 Polished who stated its a prototype from oakley, which I was sure from reading here there never was or am I mistaken.

Thanks for any Information :)

I'm talking to a guy selling a Romeo 1 Polished who stated its a prototype from oakley, which I was sure from reading here there never was or am I mistaken.

Thanks for any Information :)

I have a supposed alinghi polished custom with a Label. not sure of validity or source either as I am in the same boat, where there is no solid proof of it being OEM or OCP. Prototypes are tough, tough not impossible to verify.

If its the one on ebay, he had it listed here on of.com a while back. not sure what happened with it.

If its the one on ebay, he had it listed here on of.com a while back. not sure what happened with it.

Yea, he stated they made several polished and copper but was never in stores. I just never saw any post stating they made them or having a rare find like the purple Juliet. But I guess it is possible, because oakley did make a lot of Proto types

Like others say, it is practically impossible to verify. Even if it is real it would be a one off pair rather that a real prototype. Buy with caution and be prepared to take a hit on it if you ever decide to sell.

close up high res pics of the polish would probably help. At least for xmetal heads. that isnt me.

Like others say, it is practically impossible to verify. Even if it is real it would be a one off pair rather that a real prototype. Buy with caution and be prepared to take a hit on it if you ever decide to sell.

I'm not buying just told him I did not think Oakley made a polished Romeo and he just got snappy and asked if I was an admin for ebay! Lol I did the same with the guy selling 3 of the manikin stands at 1000, 1200, and 1500 a pice that are beat up, yet there is another listing from another seller asking 175 that's in great shape and has been listed for awhile ;). Just felt like being a **** to idiots thinking everything is worth gold and going after collectors!

I went back and looked at the pictures, he's definite scamming, there is a high serial number on the pair he's selling!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424139250.648255.jpg

I doubt a Prototype would be in 100,000 lol

Latest Posts

Back