• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just won a pair of Polished Black / Black Iridium Pit Bulls

That's cool! I'm sure that it first appeared when Jim was at the helm. Pretty creative thought having the skull facing forward and yet being able to see both eyes. Great detail!

That's cool! I'm sure that it first appeared when Jim was at the helm. Pretty creative thought having the skull facing forward and yet being able to see both eyes. Great detail!

That's what used to be great about the old Oakley: their attention to detail......which personaly I feel has been lost in Luxs attention to MASS production.........sigh.....

That's cool! Please let me see 'em when You're done. It's amazing how You can use things that You used to do to further Your hobby. That Blood Skull is a really cool detail.

It appears I'm partially right. 08-709 and 08-710 numbers from O-Review for the Blood Skull sticker it's listed as.
I will let you see them when I get around to doing it.......no time frame I'm affraid. It something which I'm a little rusty at, some pratice and I'm sure it'll come back to me.
I do like that graphic, it's a powerful image.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
That's sort of like when I build a pair of wooden shades. I've been ready to just glue up two pieces of Teak for about two weeks now. When the times right to start a new pair, I just do it. I'm considering carving a pair using Flak Jacket PRIZM Deep Water Polarized lenses. I know that they would make a pair of kick-butt Teak shades. Every day I take out the sealed package of lenses, and they're really starting to talk to me.
I intended to carve my next pair of Teak shades out of a pair of X-Metal XX 24K lenses that I had bought 12 years ago. Then I felt guilty about using those sweet lenses when they really belonged on an original pair of XX's. So now my 24K's are sitting at Customs in the UK waiting to move on to their new home.
So I took the money and bought a pair of beautiful Blue PRIZM Deep Waters, and I'm just waiting for them to speak to me. I have no doubt that they will be maybe my final pair, and they will definitely be my best ever. I think tomorrow will be the day, and I can't wait until the first time that I try them on and go outside. I wish I could hire You to give them the Blood Skull treatment when I'm through, but I know what it's like to barely have time to do Your own projects. So I guess they will never have Blood Skulls, but I do know that the view will be most excellent. Can't wait!