• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Killing Of Frogskins?

oakleygolfer

Oakley Beginner
Chicago
Okay, so when I was at the Oakley store a few months ago with a bud of mine, we got into a discussion with an employee about Customizable Frogskins. At the moment of hearing this my friend and I couldn't wait till the customization was available. But now after the Custom Frogs are out, and today they added the Jade and Violet Iridium, I think to myself: What has Oakley done!? Now with the additions of the Jade and Violet lenses, I can't help but be dissapointed about how Oakley is killing the Frogskins. Oakley makes some great, crazy pairs of collectable Frogskins, but with the easy access to these kinds of lenses, having a pair of Limited-Editions in the future with these lenses wouldn't be such a treat. I'm wondering what you guys think about the customization of the Frogskins and if you think it's good or if it hurts Frogs.

I agree with you. Frogskins have always been collectible items because they were so rare. If someone goes and makes his or her own pair of shades, the special color combinations of the limited editions seem to be worth much less to me. At least that's my opinion.

I agree with you. Frogskins have always been collectible items because they were so rare. If someone goes and makes his or her own pair of shades, the special color combinations of the limited editions seem to be worth much less to me. At least that's my opinion.
Right! It makes me think twice about buying a pair of Limited Editions now!

Honestly it doesn't hurt it at all IMO. The Special Editions will still have the SKU and packaging that make them collectible among collectors.

I say it's a good thing. No one wants to pay $200+ for a Frogskin.

Very true, however people still pay rape prices for the rare ones.

Back on topic, I think it will hurt rarity of certain frogs but I am happy with this since I like to just worry about what I have and not what other people have. Now I can take out the boring grey lenses out of my frogs and replace them with premiums.

Back