• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Killswitch Condensation

I would send in for warranty. It's not just the moisture on the glass, you need to realize the entire movement has been exposed to moisture. There is a battery that doesn't like the condensation as well. You will never get all of the moisture out of that movement and at some point it will grind to a halt if not fixed properly. I would take the watch apart only if the warranty is up. Live without it for a couple weeks and send it in imo.

I had no idea that the crown could even be tightened! I just now fumbled around with it and yeah the crown does have the ability to securely fasten if you push it in while turning. The sales rep never mentioned anything about that and I never thought to do it in the first place.

I had no idea that the crown could even be tightened! I just now fumbled around with it and yeah the crown does have the ability to securely fasten if you push it in while turning. The sales rep never mentioned anything about that and I never thought to do it in the first place.
I would keep that $hit to myself.

Watch water resistance in the end comes down to a few rubber o-rings; if they're not in good condition, water can get in.

I take any rating with a pinch of salt and tend to take them off before any exposure to water. Particularly with the vintage stuff, even if it has been serviced recently. Better safe than sorry.

Mhm, and how would they know that the watch was opened?
It isn't even really about that. You're right, they probably wouldnt know. But since the watch is so new, and still under warranty, he should just have them take care of it, so there wont be any mechanical issuesdown the road. With all of those tiny parts, i dont think i would trust a watch after it had been waterlogged.

When i saw your picture the first thing i thought was, "the crown isnt pushed in all the way".
Best of luck with the warranty!

Latest Posts

Back