• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Kind of disappointed.

FrankyRizzo

Oakley Beginner
Had a pair of square wires for many years. Never had any scratches. Picked up a new pair of square wires in bronze lenses because I was tired of the dark gray I had before. After just 3 weeks I have some really bad scratches and my behavior hasn't changed since owning the past pair.

Is there a difference in resistance on the gray lenses vs bronze? Don't feel like paying $101 to replace them if its just going to do the same in another 3 weeks.

Well, it’s hard to know what your behavior has been in years past. But when I come home I run my glasses under the sink and dry them before I clean the lens with a cloth. If I don’t, I could have dust or sand on the lens which will scratch the lenses up bad.

Well, it’s hard to know what your behavior has been in years past. But when I come home I run my glasses under the sink and dry them before I clean the lens with a cloth. If I don’t, I could have dust or sand on the lens which will scratch the lenses up bad.

Pretty much what he said, some of the older lenses I’ve noticed can take a bit more of a beating, old m frames, razorblades, eyeshades, the original wire frames.

I still have blade lenses that have been through hell from the 80s tjat look better than my 2014 reissues

And for being tungsten I thought it would be stronger. I have a tungsten ring that doesn't get scratched at all.

Back