• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Kitchen Sink Vs. Desinger Kitchen Sink Bag...Differences?

Let me rephrase that.
IMO not worth the $100 more but since the price dropped from $300 to $209, then yes.

Oakley Designer Kitchen Sink Backpack | Official Oakley Store

Since the price range of the regular KS is $200 vs. Designer KS $209, might as well go big, and go home.
My name is Michael and I'm new to the forum. What got me interested in joining the forum was my search for a Designer Kitchen Sink. I currently own one and I had a problem with the stitching coming apart where the right shoulder strap and the lid come together. I contacted Oakley for warranty and they instructed me to ship the bag to them. I am aware that Oakley has discontinued this bag and was concerned with how they would replace it. So I shipped the bag with this in mind and they have had it now for almost 2 weeks. They call me yesterday to let me know that the bag has been discontinued...ummm really ???
That tell me that I am welcome to choose a similar item for exchange. This is where I lose it! I tell them nothing compares to a leather bag with polished metal. So after exploring some of the other bags I ask if I can get the hot tub duffel. They tell me I will have to pay the difference so I'm like, "yuk !!!" Finally Oakley and I come to an agreement on the "Big Kitchen" and the phone call is done and I'm now waiting for my new bag to come all excited. This morning (6:30) I get a call from Oakley telling me that because I got my bag at the Sale price of $209 I will have to pay the difference. I came unglued. I told them "first of all, nothing you have compares to my bag and I'm down grading because I have no choice and now your telling me I have to pay for it???"
So finally after talking to the super they are sending me the "Big Kitchen" at no extra charge would should've been offered to me from the beginning. I've been buying Oakley for over 30 years. They have always gone over and beyond for thier customers. Oakley is what it is today because they bring people products no other company even comes close to doing. They put a lot of hard work and time in every single product they make.
I am currently working on trying to gain employment at one of thier retail stores soon to be open in Santa Monica, California. I hope they will invite me into thier family. I would be an excellent addition.

My name is Michael and I'm new to the forum. What got me interested in joining the forum was my search for a Designer Kitchen Sink. I currently own one and I had a problem with the stitching coming apart where the right shoulder strap and the lid come together. I contacted Oakley for warranty and they instructed me to ship the bag to them. I am aware that Oakley has discontinued this bag and was concerned with how they would replace it. So I shipped the bag with this in mind and they have had it now for almost 2 weeks. They call me yesterday to let me know that the bag has been discontinued...ummm really ???
That tell me that I am welcome to choose a similar item for exchange. This is where I lose it! I tell them nothing compares to a leather bag with polished metal. So after exploring some of the other bags I ask if I can get the hot tub duffel. They tell me I will have to pay the difference so I'm like, "yuk !!!" Finally Oakley and I come to an agreement on the "Big Kitchen" and the phone call is done and I'm now waiting for my new bag to come all excited. This morning (6:30) I get a call from Oakley telling me that because I got my bag at the Sale price of $209 I will have to pay the difference. I came unglued. I told them "first of all, nothing you have compares to my bag and I'm down grading because I have no choice and now your telling me I have to pay for it???"
So finally after talking to the super they are sending me the "Big Kitchen" at no extra charge would should've been offered to me from the beginning. I've been buying Oakley for over 30 years. They have always gone over and beyond for thier customers. Oakley is what it is today because they bring people products no other company even comes close to doing. They put a lot of hard work and time in every single product they make.
I am currently working on trying to gain employment at one of thier retail stores soon to be open in Santa Monica, California. I hope they will invite me into thier family. I would be an excellent addition.
Good luck! The don't hire many people over 30...

The big kitchen is quite the nice bag!

Back