• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Kokoro Thoughts?

Sassamasquach

Oakley Enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Just bought my third pair of Jawbreakers, this time it was the Kokoro variant. I must say that I love the way they look, but after wearing all day, I’m not sure if it’s my style? Anyone have thoughts on any of the Kokoro models?

Just to clarify: You dont think the Jawbreaker is your style? or you dont think the Meguru Spin frame is your style?

I appreciate where you're coming from. At first I was tempted. They are popular in certain regions and nice to look at due to the colors. Perhaps as an in motion pair they are cool but I'm not sure that I'd wear them as a general pair. They do look like random splattered paint to me that can be more or less attractive based on how the randomized wheel was spun to smear the paint. If you want to make a statement, such as at a race or in a cycling group, perhaps. But I'm not sure they are my standard wear issue. Some do and love it. Some of the patterns are really nice, others look a little smeared (especially when the Oakley name is half smeared over with paint, which makes another reason why I don't like the branding on the FRONT of the Flak 2.0. Totally unnecessary and overdone.

I love the idea behind them and the colors, but the execution makes some frame patterns a lot less pleasing than others. Since it’s so random, there’s no way to know what you’ll get unless someone lists it with pictures of the exact frame you’re buying. Unless you go to a store and look through them maybe.

I love the idea behind them and the colors, but the execution makes some frame patterns a lot less pleasing than others. Since it’s so random, there’s no way to know what you’ll get unless someone lists it with pictures of the exact frame you’re buying. Unless you go to a store and look through them maybe.
That's exactly the way I feel. I've seen some very attractive ones and others that are... so so. There is a lot of marketing pushing the unique, one of a kind, limited collector's edition, etc. I can see the appeal for those who really enjoy their collection but, for me, it's more a utilitiarian need even though I like my variety of lenses to address different situations.

Back