• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Kronin323's Forum Anniversary and 5000th post

lol I REALLY wanted to comment on Rustpot's forum statistics suggestion yesterday but it would have blown the 5K post... :D
The hardest part of a milestone post. I think @GH4AU went on a posting hiatus for a while. I only skipped 2 days. A couple times I caught myself typing a reply and I was like "nah, this isn't important enough"

Great post, Kronin. I thought you'd been here more than a year. But I was surprised when I checked during my milestone to see I've been here over 3 (Oct 2011 join).

It's funny you mention the avatar. I don't think I've changed mine in a few years. I may have changed it 2 or so times is all.

Congratulations on your 5,000 post Kronin. You have a very impressive collection! I love that pair of Mars. I have read many of your post in the short time I have been here and my knowledge of Oakleys and especially X-metals has increased 100%
Hope you have another 5,000 :drinks:

Impressive- post and collection! Congratulations indeed! I wish you another 5k and another display case of Xmetals(I think youre workin on that, good luck!) I joined for the same reason you did, but your friendship was the reason I stayed and now developed more friendships within this forum. Go have a drink my friend!:drinks:

When forum members began duplicating the rust fallout finish, I decided I really liked it. But which pair to do? Seemed to me that Mars was the perfect candidate; I mean, what better pair to rust than the pair named after the planet of rust? I'm surprised nobody beat me to it... ;)

I'm not quite sure I like the color of the rubbers, may change it later. But I like the ruby polar custom cuts...

Rust work done by ronkPM; much thanks!

View attachment 125289

View attachment 125291

View attachment 125290

It's hard to catch the detail of the rust finish with my camera; these close-ups do a little better job but they really are even more stunning in person:

View attachment 125292

View attachment 125293

View attachment 125294

View attachment 125295

View attachment 125296

View attachment 125297

View attachment 125298
The rust Mars looks great man. Congrats on 5k! Your posts are always FULLLLLL of good stuff, and you've racked them up quite quickly. I considered doing a rust job on my Crater actually, but decided on bumping it down a few notches on the customs totem pole. I've got a few surprises coming that will be firsts as well ;). You have a great collection and it is displayed perfectly. You're a true asset to this community and hopefully you stay for 5k more. You'll be there in 3 months most likely ;). Great milestone post @kronin323!
The hardest part of a milestone post. I think @GH4AU went on a posting hiatus for a while. I only skipped 2 days. A couple times I caught myself typing a reply and I was like "nah, this isn't important enough"
I did go on a posting hiatus while trying to get my stuff together. I was still browsing the forum and making deals behind the scenes, and it was hard as hell not to post for 2 weeks. I had a lot of stuff to say and a lot of pictures to post, but held strong :).

Nice stuff and I don't believe that I have seen a cell stand for pics.

Yeah I bought it for this shoot, got tired of having to retake pics because my hand shifted a hair when I hit the button.

It's just a spring loaded clamp that attaches to a standard tripod mount; I've had the tripod for a long time.

There was another one in the same (cheap) price range that looked pretty good but reviews complained about plastic threads for the tripod mount stripping. This one has metal threads without getting too fancy...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OS9E6AO/?tag=oakleyforum04-20

Wow, 5,000 in a year is a really impressive milestone, I've read most of all your long winded post and even the short ones, ( half long winded), in most all cases, it's been about you helping people out, you are a great inspiration on this forum. :showingbiceps:

Your collection and display is really great! I love Juliets! Here is to 10,000 more :grin:

Hi Kronin.
Congratulations buddy.
Being fairly new to the forum myself, you are among a few other members who have made be feel very comfortable and accepted in the community with your comments, suggestions.
Glad to have you met online.
Hopefully, some day in person.

Latest Posts

Back