• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lance Armstrong 30 for 30

No one remember the brand of bike Lance rode on, but everyone saw and remembers the sunglasses he wore.

oh-really-now-5yhxh2.jpg

View attachment 742363

LOL----okay.
but you rarely saw the side of the bike and the name, you saw Lance's face and Oakley 99% of the time.....
Of course bikers know the bike, but common folks....

Trek would still be big without Lance, but Oakley....... i don't think so.

LOL----okay.
but you rarely saw the side of the bike and the name, you saw Lance's face and Oakley 99% of the time.....
Of course bikers know the bike, but common folks....

Trek would still be big without Lance, but Oakley....... i don't think so.

Did you read the link? How the Trek brand exploded in popularity even more than beyond the niche because of Lance.
Oakley's first big push came thanks to another American... And currently the only official American winner of the Tour:Greg Lemond. Eyeshades, Blades and Razor Blades and the original Mumbos were all thanks to him.

As far as the Trek logo not being seen... If only they had figured a way to make it stand out at races. Oh, wait... 😉😉😉

576ec66852bcd024008cbc3c.jpeg.jpg
hshdj.jpg
lancestagesbike01.jpg
lance-armstrong-trek-1jpg.jpg
LANCE-ARMSTRONG.jpg
Lance Armstrong Giro.jpg
f889decfb1759c024965f475c90aadd6.jpg

Btw... Not a Lance fanboy by any stretch of the imagination

Did you read the link? How the Trek brand exploded in popularity even more than beyond the niche because of Lance.
Oakley's first big push came thanks to another American... And currently the only official American winner of the Tour:Greg Lemond. Eyeshades, Blades and Razor Blades and the original Mumbos were all thanks to him.

As far as the Trek logo not being seen... If only they had figured a way to make it stand out at races. Oh, wait... 😉😉😉

View attachment 742378View attachment 742379View attachment 742380View attachment 742381View attachment 742382View attachment 742383View attachment 742384

Btw... Not a Lance fanboy by any stretch of the imagination
True RC.... but on TV they always referred to the team as US postal. I know the jersey had Trek on it..... but i am surprised Trek benefited so much from it.
I for one only remember USPS and Oakley.

So a lot of people brought Trek and other bikes when Lance won those tours.... people got fit?
So when he admitted the doping, i guess interest in biking fell in the US ( and perhaps worldwide)
People got fat and lazy again?

Is Lance also guilty of the obesity pandemic !? 🤔 😳 ............. 😆

The US needs a new bike hero

So a lot of people brought Trek and other bikes when Lance won those tours.... people got fit?
So when he admitted the doping, i guess interest in biking fell in the US ( and perhaps worldwide)
People got fat and lazy again?

Is Lance also guilty of the obesity pandemic !? 🤔 😳 ............. 😆

The US needs a new bike hero

By that time people were already invested in bikes. Interest on cycling didn't come crashing down.
In fact bikes now are even more freakishly expensive than they were then.

There have been a few cycling heroes. But their stories weren't as compelling (even though the myth of Lance was just that
.. A myth)

US needs an actual champion.

Latest Posts

Back