• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lance Armstrong Stripped Of TDF Titles And Other Accomplishments

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
http://espn.go.com/olympics/cycling...ed-performance-enhancing-drugs-cycling-career

I figured with the topic in hot discussion we should make a thread in here. I'll start off by continuing from the other thread.

In the future, when dopestrong admits to using performance enhancing drugs, I will say "Oh, I am so very surprised by this turn of events".

Let me remind you that cycling is one of the dirtiest sports out there, and I can guarantee that everyone was taking something. You can't deny his greatness as an athlete.

And to also think that the USADA has the power to revoke seven (international) Tour de France titles is ridiculous.

my question is why doesnt the USADA check the NFL, oh wait they know its going on there

Honestly I feel like they are trying to take away the reputation that cycling has made over the years, resorting it to nothing but a sport where the best athlete was just a joke because he was taking performance enhancing drugs (even though they don't have physical evidence). I also feel they are trying to strip Lance of his accomplishments, but I stand by him and I feel his accomplishments can never be taken away. We all know what he did and what he has been through. Overall the general public won't think differently of Lance but their opinion on the sport of cycling will now be tarnished when it was just at the highest point of population in this country.

There are a couple of issues here, Lance being one, the sport of cycling, and an organizations never ending fight to take down a man who stands for more than a sport, even if it means breaking laws. I'm surprised the federal courts won't do anything about it.

Honestly I feel like they are trying to take away the reputation that cycling has made over the years, resorting it to nothing but a sport where the best athlete was just a joke because he was taking performance enhancing drugs (even though they don't have physical evidence). I also feel they are trying to strip Lance of his accomplishments, but I stand by him and I feel his accomplishments can never be taken away. We all know what he did and what he has been through. Overall the general public won't think differently of Lance but their opinion on the sport of cycling will now be tarnished when it was just at the highest point of population in this country.

I think it's the opposite to be honest, the various bodies have been working tirelessly to clean up a sport who's reputation had become almost worthless during the late 90's/2000's because of systematic doping. The public perception now is better than it has been for years as a result.

Mud, Gears, and Pain // Armstrong's TdF Victories

And that's just the TdF......

There are a couple of issues here, Lance being one, the sport of cycling, and an organizations never ending fight to take down a man who stands for more than a sport, even if it means breaking laws. I'm surprised the federal courts won't do anything about it.

Armstrong's personal story is a great one and like you say, stands for more than just sport. USADA have said they will publish the evidence against him - I'm happy to reserve judgement until I've seen it.

The USADA does not have the authority to strip Armstrong of anything. It would be up to the UCI in conjunction with the TdF organisers and they haven't taken Riis' win from him even though he confessed.

Latest Posts

Back