• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Laser eye surgery Opinions/ Reviews

Those who have done it set aside the risks to a degree. If it works perfectly you are first to recommend it, if it fails you are ever regretful.

The risk of having an unhealthy child are much higher than the complications are for LASIK, yet well generally continue to have children, we hope for the best in a sense.

This of course is an elective surgery, my prescription is -1.0 I can manage it. It would be nice to go without glasses, and also fully benefit from my sunglasses, which are non Rx ( I tend not to wear contacts)

I appreciate all your responses, its nice to relate to others experience and opinions. I still have a month to reflect.

A common thread in the reading I have done is not to cheap out on your eyes they are precious. As far as a Bogo deal, that's likely competition in the market. Really, its not a time consuming procedure. The laser is the biggest expense.

In this area, the variance in price has alot to do with factors outside of the procedure itself. Frills, lifetime warranty, inclusive follow-ups for 5 years to lifetime etc.

Not being cheap should be a given unless people really don't care for their eyes. I remember there being offers to test certain LASIK technologies. I don't know if that was a scheme or a simply a trap for candidates to be SOL if it went south.

Not being cheap should be a given unless people really don't care for their eyes. I remember there being offers to test certain LASIK technologies. I don't know if that was a scheme or a simply a trap for candidates to be SOL if it went south.
It's not like testing a mattress. How else you gonna get some one to step up.

Up here it starts at $490 per eye, which no one gets. You're looking at $2000-$4000 average with some going beyond that at the more prestigious clinics. I'm certain the ' less expensive' clinic has significantly more experience, this is supported by their own posted number of performed surgeries.

Let's use the $2000 figure. Pre-op, surgery and follow ups, they spend ~ 5 hours with you. I think they covers overhead, a presumably expensive laser; that should still leave a healthy profit.

Or maybe I'm fooling myself and I will encounter this on my next visit
uploadfromtaptalk1443757776996.jpg

Yes, I had it done 6 months ago. I wore prescription glasses for 5 plus years. Now its as if I never had them.

There was a recovery period. But looking back now I have no regrets.

:D

Did you go with the cheap version or costly version?

Back