• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Laser Toric

I did not know that the laser lens was supposed to be for laser safety. Of course it would only be for IR lasers which makes it useless for anything in the visible spectrum.

I did not know that the laser lens was supposed to be for laser safety. Of course it would only be for IR lasers which makes it useless for anything in the visible spectrum.

You never know, looking at some different pairs of laser safety glasses they can target specific wavelengths pretty well. It might block IR and the specific window red lasers fall into.

I don't think they'd be able to hit the green, red, and IR lasers that are used though.

I would suspect it's for IR radiation, but they're not very specific what the actual intended use is protecting against.

Retina, what's it like looking through them? Do they filter red light? What would you guess the transmission level is?

Found this for the Laser Toric lens, as far as looking though them I can’t remember what it was like I will do that tomorrow (by the time I get home tonight it will be too dark).

SI LASER EYEWEAR

• Oakley’s Laser Toric Eyewear incorporates the best in Laser Attenuation and Optical Performance.

LASER ATTENUATION
• Optical Density of at least 4.0 at wavelengths between 820nm and 850nm.
• Optical Density of at least 4.0 at wavelength of 1064nm.
• Optical Density measured at both eye positions with an IPD of 64mm.

OPTICAL PERFORMANCE
• Refractive Power, Prismatic Power, Astigmatism and Optical Clarity meet or exceed ANSI Z87.1 requirements.
• Haze less than 3%.
• Total Luminous Transmittance of at least 50% measured at both eye positions in accordance to ANSI Z80.3-2001.

IMPACT PERFORMANCE
• Meets or exceeds ANSI Z87.1 requirements for High Velocity and High Mass Impact.

ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE FEATURES
• M-Frame Lenses implementing this technology fit into existing SI M-Frame and remain field/ user-interchangeable.
• M-Frame Laser Lenses incorporate same durable, scratch resistant hard-coat as the rest of M-Frame line.
• Assault Goggle Laser Lenses incorporate an Anti-Fog coating.
• Assault Goggle Laser Lenses incorporate a low-brow profile for optimized helmet compatibility.

Well folks...

I got seduced by the word 'Rare' and have got a Laser Toric lens on its way!

Love the green colour! God knows what it's gonna be like??

IMO, unique protection features aside, the tint on that lens is pretty cool-looking. Not sure how it would be to look OUT of, but from the outside, it looks pretty cool. Different from any other tint, at the very least.

IMO I've looked through the laser toric and it looks like looking through violet iridium...

Back