• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lateral Shield for TailEnd: Any ideas?

arivero

Oakley Beginner
TailEnd seems to have, random or purposefully, the shape to attach some shields. So I got ones from another equipment with some partial failure: the inferior hook goes to the right place, the bending of the side in the frame matches with the leather buckle and even the superior hook fits after some manipulation.

But the space between the TailEnds and the face is too small really for a sport shield to fit; you can see how the glasses are floating over my nose 8 -(

Do you have better ideas for a shield? Any custom, print3D, whatever, or other model you have tried? I could try to modify these ones, but the plastic piece of the hooks is very wide and this is the real problem... removing it, also the hooks are lost.

10986656_10152412450337706_5961422672697580082_n.jpg

11225744_10152412450417706_6090449435808620959_n.jpg

Here you can see which is the problem with the initial approach. The plastic piece is too wide, but it looks impossible to replace. Really only the upper part is the problem, so I could try to cut and do some ad-hoc hook.

11272276_10152412470952706_1875161719_n.jpg

I agree.....nice look there.....now why would Oakley not sell that as a separate piece for purchase? Hmmmmmmm... ;)

now why would Oakley not sell that as a separate piece for purchase? Hmmmmmmm...
Same question I have. The twist in the temple seems purposefully to fit such shields, as well as the small protuberance in the lenses in the low part, where I got to put one of the hooks.

Perhaps they found the same problem: where to anchor the upper hook without separating the glasses from the eyebrows.
But It could be possible to anchor it in the end piece, near the hinge. In fact I was planning to cut all the part of the leather in contact with the eyebrows.

TailEnd seems to have, random or purposefully, the shape to attach some shields. So I got ones from another equipment with some partial failure: the inferior hook goes to the right place, the bending of the side in the frame matches with the leather buckle and even the superior hook fits after some manipulation.

But the space between the TailEnds and the face is too small really for a sport shield to fit; you can see how the glasses are floating over my nose 8 -(

Do you have better ideas for a shield? Any custom, print3D, whatever, or other model you have tried? I could try to modify these ones, but the plastic piece of the hooks is very wide and this is the real problem... removing it, also the hooks are lost.

View attachment 152792

View attachment 152793

These look awesome! Where did you get those shields? A 3D printed shield seems like a good idea. I should model one when I get a Tailend. Unfortunately, it has not been released one our market yet.

They are shields from Julbo Drus sunglasses

Yep, got them from Barrabes, a shop near Aneto mountain, in Pyrenees.

Now I think about, I could have mounted also the nose protector from the same glasses, but the look is not so good.

I am trying just to cut the upper side of the shield... I have discovered that he plastic piece is coated metal. btw.

Back