• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Leaving Oakleys Sealed

I have a pair of rare glass lens shades that were left in the case for years. It, had a kind of a fibrous lining, like cilia, or little hairs sticking up. Ray Ban probably designed it so that it took the dust off as You removed them. After 30 years in the case, the little hairs acted like wires, and they pitted the high points on the lens. I was able to reduce the damagme with toothpaste, but it didn't eliminate the pits. They are fine to wear now, and the Dark Green Polarizehd are great vintage lenses, but I can't stand a lens that isn't perfect, so I don't wear them aside from rare occasions. Plus, they aren't Oakleys, so who needs 'em.

I could see this happening. I have a pair of Holbrooks with Ice Iridium lens. I wore them for 3 years+ I cleaned the lenses so many times that the blue looks like a sky blue now. It turned wayyyy lighter. Ice is a durable lens. I notice Fire marks up super fast so not all Iridium is created equal.

Honestly the most durable Oakley's I have are my Jupiter Carbons. I cannot say enough how great these sunglasses are. So good I bought every color way with the JFL and the Carbons. Stalking up because they are discontinued.

Back