• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Legit Check On Unknown Oakleys

abadcatman

Oakley Beginner
I created an account just for this. Well i go to thrift stores to look for collectibles. I was browsing one day and saw a pair of Oakleys. I dont know anything about them other then that they are minutes. I paid $2 for them and if they are fake who cares. But if they are real.....:smile: Ive read forums about legit checks on Oakleys and these seem to fit. Here are some pics.

Oakleys pictures by abadcatman - Photobucket

I have serious doubt about these but defer to a real old schooler...so hard to tell because to me -with no offense intended -white and yellow frames often look a bit fake to me unless its white chrome or electric mustard but straight white is iffy and my Minutes and SJ's are all 2.0 but I did have a 1st gen pair that I sold with blue shooting star on logo way back...old timers..help me out here

They look legit to me. I have a pair of original Minutes and yours seem to match good. A good giveaway is usually the Oakley on the nose bridge, on fakes it usually too large or the print is not very clean and crisp (also on certain models there isn't suppose to be anything there and the fakes usually have it printed there). I would have to say nice find!

ah I stand corrected...didnt know all that ...nice deal now if I could get some 5 dollar Flaks...

They look legit to me. I have a pair of original Minutes and yours seem to match good. A good giveaway is usually the Oakley on the nose bridge, on fakes it usually too large or the print is not very clean and crisp (also on certain models there isn't suppose to be anything there and the fakes usually have it printed there). I would have to say nice find!

I second that motion, based on the few things I see it appears consistent with authentic minutes. The nosebridge lettering is crisp, centered, thin lined no smudges. The minute logo on the inside of the nosebridge is even, consistent, and the same as comparable to my own. The icon is inset into the temple and doesnt look cheap. I have seen color flaws in the hinge area before on older models. The earsocks look good. i say nice find too.......

there is an alternate forum called the o-review and there are a lot of oakley gurus there that can help shed light to this question.

Latest Posts

Back