• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Legit frogskins?

510bg

Oakley Beginner
I'm trying to authenticate these frog skin frames. I purchased the frames only I put in my authentic lenses purchased from Oakley. I don't see a sku number on the frames.

One thing I notice is these frames are much lighter compared to my matte Black and wood grain frogskins. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I doubt counterfeiters are going to work on getting those kinds of color schemes when they can crank out the cheap ****ty solid colors, so I'd lean towards authentic. If your lenses fit perfectly, that's an even better sign.

Yes those are legit. Not all frogs had sku numbers. I have that pair and it does have a sku but that means nothing. Your fine. Also from your photos I can see the dot matrix in the pattern of the tort. Mine are the exact same.

If you also see in the photos I sent even the sku numbers are in random places..even the opposite stems on a couple. Being this is a full series I don't think Oakley cared too much if and where they pUT the ku numbers. That pair should have emerald lenses though.

20170402_143803.jpg
20170402_143811.jpg
20170402_143820.jpg
20170402_143828.jpg
20170402_143835.jpg
20170402_143748.jpg
20170402_143742.jpg
20170402_143734.jpg
20170402_143730.jpg

Great frog by the way. I love all the acid torts. Especially the black and green

I appreciate all the feedback. I'm thinking the sku number could have rubbed off. I purchased the frame only from eBay for $25

I appreciate all the feedback. I'm thinking the sku number could have rubbed off. I purchased the frame only from eBay for $25
Extremely doubtful the sku wore off. All of my frogs i find even if i paint over them then strip them.. the skus dont go anywhere. I also believe at one point the acid torts were available as OCP which would also explain on sku.. anyhow 25 bucks lol. cant get a pair of gas station ones for much cheaper.. good job. i paid 125 each for mine lol. with a box and bag of course..

Extremely doubtful the sku wore off. All of my frogs i find even if i paint over them then strip them.. the skus dont go anywhere. I also believe at one point the acid torts were available as OCP which would also explain on sku.. anyhow 25 bucks lol. cant get a pair of gas station ones for much cheaper.. good job. i paid 125 each for mine lol. with a box and bag of course..

lol thanks you forgot to mention you also got lenses for $125. After decducting all the missing items $25 for the frame seems about right. What's OCP? :) Have a great day

Back