• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Legit or Not (For Scar FMJ Red / BI)

Min Zaw Nyan

Oakley Enthusiast
Australia
I bought those Scar and Valve from local and ebay. They arrived one after another and the condition of Scar is worse than I expected. For Valve (Silver / Fire Iridium), those are not bad and got them as expected.

Can anyone tell me if those Scar are legit? There is no "SCAR" mark on the left arm.

Converted (101).jpg

Converted (102).jpg

Converted (103).jpg

Converted (104).jpg

Converted (105).jpg

Converted (106).jpg

Converted (107).jpg

Converted (108).jpg

Converted (95).jpg

Converted (96).jpg

@GRFMotorsports Thanks for assurance. I bought another Scar Black / BI which has SCAR mark on the arm so I was so confused for FMJ Red. I have no idea how to amend it, especially painting. The lenses are good. May be Dr Chop can help but he is too far from here. Anyway, Thanks very much for confirmation. I will probably wipe the paints of and wear them while I can keep Black ones with standard colorway.

Scars are cool to have in a collection as (IIRC) they were the only pair at the time to incorporate X Metal and O-Matter. The metal slug at the temple should tell you if it's legit or not, as that was the part that is supposed to be X Metal.

@SpliceD Thanks for the info. I love them so I bought them even I knew they are not prefect. But the peeling of paint is worse than I expected in FMJ red. So I decided to buy another pair Black / BI which will be kept. I don't have any idea for FMJ red at the moment. Shall I wipe the paint or leave them as they are? :(

I dunno about leaving it as a display piece. What's the point of displaying it if you think it looks ugly? If it looks as bad as @Min Zaw Nyan says it is, the Scar would just throw off my collection as the ugly pair and would look out of place next to my pristine pieces.

If you like the FMJ Red, i would try looking for another one to display/wear and make the one you have a project pair. I would strip the paint, invest in a airbrush and look into customizing yourself. Who knows, you might start up a little side service for other members. You could also reach out to @BriP He's in Perth and i remember him dabbling a bit in customs. Not sure if he still does, but it's worth a shot.

The FMJ Red really is a sexy color. Here's a shot of 3 of mine.

6809808313_544f7e715b_z.jpg