• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Legitimate Paypal Alternatives

However there is no recourse like PayPal. Which I guess there is a price to pay... often in the form of holding your money hostage.

I was actually just reading an article about Dwolla the other day. They don't take a commission, you just pay $.25 for every transaction regardless of size, though I'm not sure about the protection they offer, if any. The article said a large percentage of their transactions are B2B(business to business), so that makes me think they don't really have any protection, and businesses use it to send money online without fees. Just figured I mention it.

I am so sick of paypal it ain't funny. I had my account of 13 years get nailed for $962 of fraud the end of last year and paypal pretty much told me it's a MasterCard issue...Funny thing, MasterCard is not the financial repository, Paypal is...I was refunded (and I have the credit invoice that was physically mailed and emailed to me) showing the credit, but the merchant went and sucked it right back out with no reason or explanation. Paypal essentially told me get bent.

It's total BS that they can literally hold your funds hostage at any said point without warning or probable cause.

I am so sick of paypal it ain't funny. I had my account of 13 years get nailed for $962 of fraud the end of last year and paypal pretty much told me it's a MasterCard issue...Funny thing, MasterCard is not the financial repository, Paypal is...I was refunded (and I have the credit invoice that was physically mailed and emailed to me) showing the credit, but the merchant went and sucked it right back out with no reason or explanation. Paypal essentially told me get bent.

It's total BS that they can literally hold your funds hostage at any said point without warning or probable cause.

So typical. paypalsucks.com is full of stories just like that, and some much much worse.

I am currently poking around payza.com. I've read a ton of reviews, and it seems like they used to have issues but now they are operating pretty smoothly. Like any alternative, the biggest problem is trying to get other people on board with trying something new. If someone wants to go through the hassle of setting up an account I'll gladly do a deal with them (I am sure someone has something I want) to give it a test drive.

I was actually just reading an article about Dwolla the other day. They don't take a commission, you just pay $.25 for every transaction regardless of size, though I'm not sure about the protection they offer, if any. The article said a large percentage of their transactions are B2B(business to business), so that makes me think they don't really have any protection, and businesses use it to send money online without fees. Just figured I mention it.

Unfortunately it is US only. Payza is international.

So typical. paypalsucks.com is full of stories just like that, and some much much worse.

I am currently poking around payza.com. I've read a ton of reviews, and it seems like they used to have issues but now they are operating pretty smoothly. Like any alternative, the biggest problem is trying to get other people on board with trying something new. If someone wants to go through the hassle of setting up an account I'll gladly do a deal with them (I am sure someone has something I want) to give it a test drive.

I was reading about them and they're pretty good reviews, unfortunately can't sign up from Cali yet...

Latest Posts

Back