• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Care Tips (aka - learn from my mistakes!!) (cacatman)

I recommend RODI water for rinses. Especially if you live somewhere that has very hard water like I do. The calcium can build up on and around the lens (moreso in the grooves where the lenses seat) when the water evaporates and can lead to micro scratches while cleaning.

Even if you don’t live in an area with high water hardness levels, you never really know what’s in your water supply unless you go to your local utility company and ask them for their readings.

Using RODI takes the guesswork and hassle out of the whole thing because it’s arguably the purest water you can get unless you’re ordering lab grade purified water, which in that case you’re even more adamant with protecting your lenses than I.

I recommend RODI water for rinses. Especially if you live somewhere that has very hard water like I do. The calcium can build up on and around the lens (moreso in the grooves where the lenses seat) when the water evaporates and can lead to micro scratches while cleaning.

Even if you don’t live in an area with high water hardness levels, you never really know what’s in your water supply unless you go to your local utility company and ask them for their readings.

Using RODI takes the guesswork and hassle out of the whole thing because it’s arguably the purest water you can get unless you’re ordering lab grade purified water, which in that case you’re even more adamant with protecting your lenses than I.
Woah! That’s next level!!! Never thought of that!

Thanks. Thread updated.

Use RODI water if your water is “hard” because the calcium deposits can build up where water cannot be dried off from the frame. This can eventually scratch lenses if you are not careful (Tip from @gusbus696here.)

30 pages on how to clean your sunglasses, $50 cleaning cloths, De-Ionizined and soft bottled water for rinsing.......

this thread is approved by:

24fi3qf.jpg

Latest Posts

Back