• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Coating Peeling Off?

rdy dlr

Oakley Beginner
I have an old A-wire frame with polarized lenses.

but my lenses coating or something have started peeling off. is this a common problem with oakley polarized lenses? can it happen to oakley non-polarized lenses too?

any experience with 3rd party replacement lens, esp for the A-wire? oakley doesnt make A-wire replacement lens... :(

thanks

This can happen to any lens with an Iridium coating. Sweat build up, sunscreen, salt water can all cause it. As long as you clean your sunglasses and lenses regularly this will not occur.

Call warranty and they will help you out.

This can happen to any lens with an Iridium coating. Sweat build up, sunscreen, salt water can all cause it. As long as you clean your sunglasses and lenses regularly this will not occur.

Call warranty and they will help you out.

Always the best approach. I've had it happen, and they were very good about it, gave a credit, and all was well :)

purchased many years ago... I dont think warranty can cover it... :(
Give it a shot, I've had them cover crazier things before. Warranty claims are dealt with on a case by case basis, however Iridium coating on your lens shouldn't peel so they will be likely to cover it regardless of when you purchased the sunglasses.

purchased many years ago... I dont think warranty can cover it... :(

I recall a thread once upon a time (maybe it was even Boss' incident) where somebody sent in a polar pair that had this peeling. They fixed them and told him it wasn't like normal wear-and-tear but an actual manufacturing flaw that sometimes pops up with their polarized lenses. I don't think there's an end date for covering this sort of flaw under warranty, though availability of replacement lenses is always a factor...

I bought a bnib nos pair off eBay. Chrome iridium. When they arrived the inside of the lens showed peeling. I "came up" with a receipt and oakley mailed me two new lenses.

Latest Posts

Back