• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lens Cutters, some help please

sybiria

Oakley Enthusiast
Has anyone worked with split/wind jackets lately? Does anyone know what donor lenses I can use which are in the new line of Oakley, i.e not big taco? Ideally I would like to find prizm's for donors

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

@OakleyFrankFMJ Thanks for the welcome and the insight
If you need anything from me, i will gladly help out
As for the splits there is not alot of info for them and unfortunately they have been discontinued (as you all know), so im hunting down solutions :crazy:

there aren't many even available to work with. Taco was king, but since disco'd and very hard to find

@sybiria
The problem is that in addition to its own popularity, split jacket lenses are also a good donor for X-Metal custom cuts. You can still find them once in a while here on the forum (after you earn access to the exchange or purchase a premium membership). However, thanks to a low supply and high demand, they aren't cheap.

As for donors for non-OEM colors, I don't know of anything that would work off the top of my head, particularly if you are looking for Prizm. As mentioned before, Big Taco is probably a good candidate but is hard to find and not cheap. I just got a bunch of my donors cut for XX so I can't really do any checking for you at this time.

@Kuztomized i dont mean prizm aftermarket (which they dont offer for the splits, there are a few prizms but for juliets etc). I ment for the prizm line that is offered by oakley now. The lens i am eyballing in particular is "prizm salt water polarized"
I think half and flak are too small
I how about the radars? Or is the conture off?
These are the candidates:
Oakley Sunglass Replacement Lenses Eyewear Accessories| Oakley

@dr.chop you are a legend :) pity u do not cut anymore!

Last edited:
@Kuztomized i dont mean prizm aftermarket (which they dont offer for the splits, there are a few prizms but for juliets etc). I ment for the prizm line that is offered by oakley now. The lens i am eyballing in particular is "prizm salt water polarized"
I think half and flak are too small
I how about the radars? Or is the conture off?
These are the candidates:
Oakley Sunglass Replacement Lenses Eyewear Accessories| Oakley

@dr.chop you are a legend :) pity u do not cut anymore!
thank you for that...quality slipped and was costing too much for lens failures...plus makes a huge mess and makes painting in the same area more difficult

@dr.chop Some of the biggest collectors prize you creations and repairs! Kudos! Even if you dont chop no more your paint is still sick especially cerakote
You rock!

Latest Posts

Back